Gibson Brands Forums

J180 Everly bros....

GibsonBob

Hi,

I owned one of those once upon a time... looks like the real thing. I found that the really big pickguards dampened the sound a bit, though...

I'd start with a J-45 Rosewood... there's what looks to be a good one for a good price on eBay right now... just my opinion, though.

Good luck!

That looks genuine enough, Bob...where did you find it in the UK? I'd love one of those. I play rhythm with a firm right hand when I'm working solo, and my SJ200 has suffered at the hands of my pick over the years. Those huge pickguards really appeal to me for some reason.

That looks genuine enough' date=' Bob...where did you find it in the UK? I'd love one of those. I play rhythm with a firm right hand when I'm working solo, and my SJ200 has suffered at the hands of my pick over the years. Those huge pickguards really appeal to me for some reason.[/quote']

HI Jinder

Pretty sure that this isn't the guitar Bob is chasing. its on Ebay today

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Gibson-J-180-Custom-Acoustic_W0QQitemZ270249020446QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270249020446&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Hi guys and gals.

I continue my quest to purchase my first Gibson acoustic.

I've come across a reasonably priced J180 Everly Bros custom' date=' and would like to confirm that it looks like the genuine article.

Many thanks.

Rob.

[/quote']

You have a PM

Archived