Gibson Brands Forums

Please lend myself and my band a hand...we need your vote!!

Jinder

Hi all,

Could you please, please, please do my band of fellow Gibson players (THE MERCURYMEN) and I a huge favour and lend us your vote?

We're in the finals of a competition to open for Bon Jovi at Twickenham Stadium (for non UK-ers, it's a 60,000 capacity stadium in London), but the final decision rests on an online vote, and we're in desperate need of your help in order to get through and play the biggest gig of our lives!

You can vote online at:

www.thelondonpaper.com/bonjovi

and votes are, sadly, limited to one per computer...thanks SO much in advance to anyone who gives us a click. I promise I'll mention the Gibson forum from the stage in front of 60,000 people if we make it through!!

Thanks for voting, Jannusguy!! And thanks for the kind words. To be honest I'm not a Bon Jovi fan either...and that black Takamine has GOT to go!! But it'd be so amazing to play in a venue like that, to so many people.

CH' date=' that sounds a little snobby! [/quote']

sorry, JG. not to offend but that pickup makes the guitar sound like snapping a rubberband on a piece of cardboard. maybe, though, i'm just a bit jealous. don't tell robin!

i have a good cheap trick story. well, good to me anyway. i was 13 years old and the trick were playing at london (ont) gardens on the budokan tour, summer '79. my mom wouldn't let me go w/o my older brother (19 years old)as a chaperone. i relunctantly agreed. we left for the concert, tore off in his '73 nova ss, parked, found our seats and the moment we sat down, out came a lighter, a small cube of tin foil and a butterknife. i thought, god, i'm so lucky mom sent someone to watch over me.

happy to oblige! good luck. BTW' date=' i can't stand bon jovi but, i like you guys.

[/quote']

Three votes cast here

For exactly the same reasoning as JG.

Can't stand Bon Jovi and if Genesis were playing you'd get 4 votes, I'd buy another PC!!!

Good luck, we'd come and see you is it wasn't for the crap "supporting act"!

You can vote online at:

www.thelondonpaper.com/bonjovi

and votes are' date=' sadly, limited to one per computer...thanks SO much in advance to anyone who gives us a click. I promise I'll mention the Gibson forum from the stage in front of 60,000 people if we make it through!![/quote']

Usually a fairly honest sort of cove but often with these voting pages, if you shut the browser then clear your history

in I.E. Terms thats Tools/Internet Options/delete then delete all

You can get a second vote!

Failing that re-set your IP

If not there's always the email your contacts box.

Needs must when the devil drives

By the sound of some of your competition they've already done that or they come from Kent and have thousands of cousins.

One band especially even I could blow off stage!

Best of luck mate

I voted you up but the closest I've come to piercing my eardrums with knitting needles is when Bon Jovi is on the radio. I hated him when he was hot in 1987 and now he's BACK.

All knitting needles have been removed from my house.

Thanks guys!!

I just found out that if you switch the cookies off on your internet settings, you can vote again and again...I still don't think we're going to win, though...we're up to 8% thanks to the valiant efforts of you chaps, but I think the leading guy has a massive internet savvy street team :-(

Archived