Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Black Beauty 3 pickup wiring....HELP!!!

wolf1419

Does anyone have a schematic or picture of wiring(switch, pickups, pots, grounding) on the 3 pickup model as it was originally wired. The one I got was all messed up and missing wires to mid pickup.......bad mod job......I want to get it back to original wiring....

Gibson and Seymour Duncan has a site with wiring schematic's.

www.gibson.com Tech support 24/7, then wiring schematics....they've got them all

www.seymourduncan.com/support/-wiring-diagrams

OR... www.guitar-parts.com/images/lpcuston3pu.JPG

(And, YES..custom is spelled custoN..for this webpage, for some reason.)

CB

Gibson and Seymour Duncan has a site with wiring schematic's.

www.gibson.com Tech support 24/7' date=' then wiring schematics....they've got them all

www.seymourduncan.com/support/-wiring-diagrams

OR... www.guitar-parts.com/images/lpcuston3pu.JPG

(And, YES..custom is spelled custoN..for this webpage, for some reason.)

CB[/quote']

I think this ( http://www.gibson.com/Files/schematics/lpafwiring.gif ) is exactly what I'm looking for if I want to get it back to it's original state.........weird how the middle pickup doesn't wire to any of the pots(that's where some of my confusion was coming from), which probably explains that 3 Volume, 1 Tone Mod that many are doing, which does wire it to a pot(used as volume#3).......with 1 overall tone. Thanks Gas Jones for that site also.....=D>

I guess it's a matter of taste......but Gibson & Epiphone chose the Neck/Middle-Bridge/Bridge w/2 tones on the 3 pickup LP's, SG's, etc..................

The 3 volume version only has 1 pickup at any one time(Neck/Middle/Bridge)....correct...?(no pickup mixing unless you go with a 5 way switch, like a strat...................OR can you get Neck/ALL 3/bridge with the standard 3-way toggle and use individual volumes for blending ALL 3 at will in the middle position....?

Archived