Gibson Brands Forums

vintage shops in Wash. DC?

sumner77

haven't seen it yet. maybe i shouldn't look. something will be sold to offset my latest purchase. probably a giant stack of cds or a whole bunch of vinyl. happy hunting!

You can have too many records and cds. You can't have too many guitars!

Hey there. Does anyone know any good guitar stores near capitol hill in Washington DC? Preferably one that knows vintage instruments? Or even a good repair guy? Thanks in advance.

I believe the closest store that carries vintage stuff is Action Guitars in Northern Va.

As far as repairs, I recommend John Warden in Woodstock Md for real heavy acoustic work.

Also, as luthiers go, consider Phil Jacoby on Federal Hill in Baltimore. His web site is www.philtone.com. He's worked on both my Gibson acoustics, and I couldn't recommend him more strongly.

I haven't been to Action Guitar, but I've seen their stuff on Gbase and it looks like they have a good selection. I don't know of any other good vintage places near DC ever since John Sprung closed up American Guitar Center near Wheaton so many years ago, packed up and moved to Vermont. Gil Southworth recently closed the doors of Southworth Guitars in Bethesda, although I think he still does business online.

Archived