Gibson Brands Forums

Took the plunge, just ordered an Epi SG G400 Faded Vintage

mrbreeze

Ive owned a couple sg400's over the years. Both cherry red,,,and after awhile they end up on ebay, so I can get something else. Ive really had the G.A.S. again for one again. Instead of the usual G400,,,,this time I went with the vintage faded model. I just like that "woody" look and vibe to it. Also, a plus is that it is $100 cheaper ($299) than the average selling G400 model. What ever reason that is for?

Any other faded vintage G400 lovers here?

Cant wait.....arrives Thurdsay...right on time for my two week vacation to get to know her.

An excellent choice, both $$$-wise and quality - wise. I have a Brown Vintage LP Studio,

love it! If I didn't already have one Brown git, I'd have already been all over the g-400,

PLUS I'm a BIG FAN of the sound of the G-400 pups(Bridge: HOTCH (G)13.8k/Neck 57CH (G)8.6K)

Had a set in my Studio for a while, good sound, DAMN NEAR comparable to the 498T/490R GIBSON

set I just put in 3 days ago. Who wudda thought? A set or two of G-400 pups are very nice to

have laying around for upgrades to other axes - CHEAP off ebay, just bought another spare set a

week ago for $18.00 + 6 or 10$ shipping. Bargain-wise the g-400 vintage and LP studio vintage

have to be 2 of the best out there, just that the Studio will have to have it's stock pups (from LP

Classic) replaced, and the best reasonably priced replacement? G-400 Pickups!!!!

Just MY opinion, Uh-huh!!!

An excellent choice' date=' both $$$-wise and quality - wise. I have a Brown Vintage LP Studio,

love it! If I didn't already have one Brown git, I'd have already been all over the g-400,

PLUS I'm a BIG FAN of the sound of the G-400 pups(Bridge: HOTCH (G)13.8k/Neck 57CH (G)8.6K)

Had a set in my Studio for a while, good sound, DAMN NEAR comparable to the 498T/490R GIBSON

set I just put in 3 days ago. Who wudda thought? A set or two of G-400 pups are very nice to

have laying around for upgrades to other axes - CHEAP off ebay, just bought another spare set a

week ago for $18.00 + 6 or 10$ shipping. Bargain-wise the g-400 vintage and LP studio vintage

have to be 2 of the best out there, just that the Studio will have to have it's stock pups (from LP

Classic) replaced, and the best reasonably priced replacement? G-400 Pickups!!!!

Just MY opinion, Uh-huh!!![/quote']

Heh, heh...still funny that you can quote yourself!!!!!

Wow. I just learned something! Let's hope this power will be used for the

betterment of mankind.......it won't...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Wow...pretty neat. Hey let us know if yer G400 has neck binding...some do, some don't.

...aaaand this is why I come back to this place' date=' so I can look at

Clarkuss's avatar picture of Betty Paige kissing an EPI Guitar!!!!! (Hot mama!!!!)

Dont quote me bro![/quote']

This CAN be fun!!!! But let's agree not to get UGLY, eh?????

Betty whoooba Woooba? IS She Hot?

Betty Paige' date=' 1950's Pin-up Gal!!!! The stuff of fantasies for many a young man

back in the day. Hell, if I saw a gal today that resembled her, she'd turn my head.

[img'][/img]0000123511-25876L.jpg

0000123500-49266L.jpg

787968_4b30_625x1000.jpg

Oops! How'd THAT get in there?

Yes, We love Vintage G-400s and Betty Paige!

Betty Paige' date=' dead as a doornail!!!! The stuff of crusty sheets for many a young man

back in the day. Hell, if I saw a gal today that resembled her, she'd be a zombie.

[/quote']

I "tried" to get this thread back on track, but Betty Page is too distracting.

Aw, who am I kidding? No I didnt.

I "tried" to get this thread back on track' date=' but Betty Page is as hard as a G-400 body by now...

.[/quote']

GOOD one about the crusty sheets and zombie!!!! I wasn't going to mention that she was "gone"....

Wow...pretty neat. Hey let us know if yer G400 has a neck...some do' date=' some don't.[/quote']

ahhhhahahahahhahaha!!!!! Couldn't resist!!!! Can anyone photoshop a g-400 with the

headstock attached directly to the body? hahhahahahhaaa!!!! I'll fire one off using "Paint"...

noneck2.jpg

mrbreeze, come back. We promise to unhijack your thread!!!!!

So, I get home from work, head to the Epiphone forums, and see that I have 20 some replies!! Cool!!....well....Maybe not what I thought, but the Bettie Page pics make up for it!!! Im big fan,,,,always checkin out her vintage clips at the YouTube.

She just passed away few months ago I read.

Guitar was shipped today. Looking forward to Thursday. Ive prev. had two regular SG400..nice will give my review.

So' date=' I get home from work, head to the Epiphone forums, and see that I have 20 some replies!! Cool!!....well....Maybe not what I thought, but the Bettie Page pics make up for it!!! Im big fan,,,,always checkin out her vintage clips at the YouTube.

She just passed away few months ago I read.

Guitar was shipped today. Looking forward to Thursday. Ive prev. had two regular SG400..nice will give my review.[/quote']

I didnt alter your quote, so dont bother re-reading it. lol!

Great news on the guitar! Definitely post pics when you get it. We like pics here.

And welcome to the madness and thanks for being a good sport. We really like to goof off sometimes alot!

Archived