Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Deluxe

Krusty

Hey all,

Has Gibson discontinued (again) the LP Deluxe that was only sold through Musician's Friend? I picked one up a couple of months ago, and it's a great guitar. I'm surprised that the production of these seems to come and go.

Krusty

• 10 years later...

Hey all,

Has Gibson discontinued (again) the LP Deluxe that was only sold through Musician's Friend? I picked one up a couple of months ago, and it's a great guitar. I'm surprised that the production of these seems to come and go.

Krusty

I picked up one of these in a guitar Center and played it for about 30 minutes, last year. I thought it sounded so good I almost bought it.

but my Les Paul HP seems to do everything, has the tone covered.

but those mini humbuckers aare super excellent. you can easily make them sound very similar to a single coil, and then they go into full beautiful on bucking mode super flexible guitar,

a lot of guitar players that like string attack when you roll the gain back a little bit like narrow field pickups, it's becoming a thing again narrow field humbuckers

I recommend giving it a try for sure they really thought through the design of those pickups, they are top shelf.msp_thumbup.gif

I picked up one of these in a guitar Center and played it for about 30 minutes, last year. I thought it sounded so good I almost bought it.

but my Les Paul HP seems to do everything, has the tone covered.

but those mini humbuckers aare super excellent. you can easily make them sound very similar to a single coil, and then they go into full beautiful on bucking mode super flexible guitar,

a lot of guitar players that like string attack when you roll the gain back a little bit like narrow field pickups, it's becoming a thing again narrow field humbuckers

I recommend giving it a try for sure they really thought through the design of those pickups, they are top shelf.msp_thumbup.gif

I see they do have them for sale really nice looking 2018 Les Paul deluxe on Sam Ash, mini humbucker's

I've had my '76 since Summer of '76...it was purchased (barely) used! [thumbup]

PGnjiXJ.jpg

The lines on the top, are wood grain lines, not finish checking or stress marks.

Aside from the small "ding," pictured in the top, it's (basically) pristine.

That "ding" was there, when I got it.

CB

I've had my '76 since Summer of '76...it was purchased (barely) used! [thumbup]

PGnjiXJ.jpg

The lines on the top, are wood grain lines, not finish checking or stress marks.

Aside from the small "ding," pictured in the top, it's (basically) pristine.

That "ding" was there, when I got it.

CB

Yeah, that's nice. I've seen deluxe models with flame tops like the new 2018's Gibson has out, but I've always liked the plain tops and gold tops more with this model.

I have a 1974 Deluxe that has served me well for the last 40+ years. At one point I changed the magnets to get more umph...I couldn’t find/afford replacements at the time. I recently switched back to alinco magnets and I wonder what I was thinking! Ahh, I was such a kid. It’s a great guitar.

post-90947-029002800 1522026005_thumb.jpg

Archived