Gibson Brands Forums: Les Paul Deluxe - Gibson Brands Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Les Paul Deluxe

#1 User is offline   Krusty 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 27-December 07

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:27 PM

Hey all,

Has Gibson discontinued (again) the LP Deluxe that was only sold through Musician's Friend? I picked one up a couple of months ago, and it's a great guitar. I'm surprised that the production of these seems to come and go.

Krusty
2002 Gibson Cherry SG Faded
2007 Gibson Goldtop Les Paul Deluxe
2004 Gibson GA-5
0

#2 User is offline   Sabredog 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 108
  • Joined: 05-July 12

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:11 PM

View PostKrusty, on 27 December 2007 - 04:27 PM, said:

Hey all,

Has Gibson discontinued (again) the LP Deluxe that was only sold through Musician's Friend? I picked one up a couple of months ago, and it's a great guitar. I'm surprised that the production of these seems to come and go.

Krusty


I picked up one of these in a guitar Center and played it for about 30 minutes, last year. I thought it sounded so good I almost bought it.

but my Les Paul HP seems to do everything, has the tone covered.

but those mini humbuckers aare super excellent. you can easily make them sound very similar to a single coil, and then they go into full beautiful on bucking mode super flexible guitar,

a lot of guitar players that like string attack when you roll the gain back a little bit like narrow field pickups, it's becoming a thing again narrow field humbuckers

I recommend giving it a try for sure they really thought through the design of those pickups, they are top shelf.Posted Image



2016 Les Paul High Performance Honey Burst
2013 Fender American Deluxe Metallic Sunset
PRS McCarty 594 Doublecut Wood Library
Ibanez JS2410 Muscle Car Orange
Squier Hello Kitty
Telecaster

Marshal JVM 215C
Line 6 Helix
0

#3 User is offline   Sabredog 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 108
  • Joined: 05-July 12

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:14 PM

View PostSabredog, on 13 March 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

I picked up one of these in a guitar Center and played it for about 30 minutes, last year. I thought it sounded so good I almost bought it.

but my Les Paul HP seems to do everything, has the tone covered.

but those mini humbuckers aare super excellent. you can easily make them sound very similar to a single coil, and then they go into full beautiful on bucking mode super flexible guitar,

a lot of guitar players that like string attack when you roll the gain back a little bit like narrow field pickups, it's becoming a thing again narrow field humbuckers

I recommend giving it a try for sure they really thought through the design of those pickups, they are top shelf.Posted Image






I see they do have them for sale really nice looking 2018 Les Paul deluxe on Sam Ash, mini humbucker's
2016 Les Paul High Performance Honey Burst
2013 Fender American Deluxe Metallic Sunset
PRS McCarty 594 Doublecut Wood Library
Ibanez JS2410 Muscle Car Orange
Squier Hello Kitty
Telecaster

Marshal JVM 215C
Line 6 Helix
0

#4 User is offline   Megafrog 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 966
  • Joined: 17-November 16
  • LocationSouthern Pennsylvania

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:28 AM

American Musical Supply has them. Any thoughts about the finish on the 2018 models? I have not seen on in person.
Equipment:
I have guitars, amps, pedals, cables, various other things and a strong affinity for short signature lines. . .
0

#5 User is offline   kidblast 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 9759
  • Joined: 29-March 12
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:26 AM

my first les paul ever was a gold top deluxe....

I really should replace that, it was a mistake to trade it....

:)
/Ray
0

#6 User is offline   FZ Fan 

  • Jumbo Go Away
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6851
  • Joined: 15-October 13
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:56 AM

I wanted one of the Pete Townshend ones, but I was not paying that kind of money for one. I would have done something dumb to like put a number sticker on it like Pete did.
0

#7 User is offline   Beerad12 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 289
  • Joined: 03-December 16

Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:56 PM

View Postkidblast, on 14 March 2018 - 05:26 AM, said:

my first les paul ever was a gold top deluxe....

Those are awesome guitars. I would like to get my hands on a gold top deluxe or a tobacco burst deluxe. Love those mini buckers.
0

#8 User is offline   charlie brown 

  • Lunatic Fringe
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 18644
  • Joined: 16-June 08

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:07 PM

I've had my '76 since Summer of '76...it was purchased (barely) used! [thumbup]

Posted Image
The lines on the top, are wood grain lines, not finish checking or stress marks.
Aside from the small "ding," pictured in the top, it's (basically) pristine.
That "ding" was there, when I got it.

CB

This post has been edited by charlie brown: 14 March 2018 - 06:10 PM

5

#9 User is offline   Beerad12 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 289
  • Joined: 03-December 16

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

View Postcharlie brown, on 14 March 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

I've had my '76 since Summer of '76...it was purchased (barely) used! [thumbup]

Posted Image
The lines on the top, are wood grain lines, not finish checking or stress marks.
Aside from the small "ding," pictured in the top, it's (basically) pristine.
That "ding" was there, when I got it.

CB

Yeah, that's nice. I've seen deluxe models with flame tops like the new 2018's Gibson has out, but I've always liked the plain tops and gold tops more with this model.
1

#10 User is offline   kidblast 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 9759
  • Joined: 29-March 12
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:07 AM

I love that Deluxe CB, and I dig when you post photos of her.

that's one sweet hunk of LP Deluxe.
/Ray
0

#11 User is offline   FZ Fan 

  • Jumbo Go Away
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6851
  • Joined: 15-October 13
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:08 AM

View Postcharlie brown, on 14 March 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

I've had my '76 since Summer of '76...it was purchased (barely) used! [thumbup]

Posted Image
The lines on the top, are wood grain lines, not finish checking or stress marks.
Aside from the small "ding," pictured in the top, it's (basically) pristine.
That "ding" was there, when I got it.

CB

Scott Gorham would rock that.
0

#12 User is offline   charlie brown 

  • Lunatic Fringe
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 18644
  • Joined: 16-June 08

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:48 PM

View Postkidblast, on 15 March 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

I love that Deluxe CB, and I dig when you post photos of her.

that's one sweet hunk of LP Deluxe.



Thanks, kidblast...it's been with me a LONG time, now. [thumbup] [biggrin]


CB
0

#13 User is offline   Grog 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 497
  • Joined: 05-October 10
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

My first Gibson was a 1969 Deluxe that I bought used October of 1973. I was 18. I still have it. First year for the Deluxe. One piece body.


Posted Image

This post has been edited by Grog: 15 March 2018 - 06:10 PM

3

#14 User is offline   Beerad12 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 289
  • Joined: 03-December 16

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:32 PM

View PostGrog, on 15 March 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

My first Gibson was a 1969 Deluxe that I bought used October of 1973. I was 18. I still have it. First year for the Deluxe. One piece body.


Posted Image

That's the good stuff right there!
0

#15 User is offline   charlie brown 

  • Lunatic Fringe
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 18644
  • Joined: 16-June 08

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

View PostBeerad12, on 15 March 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

That's the good stuff right there!


Yep! I only wish Gibson would have left the smaller headstock, instead of going to the "boat paddle!" [tongue]
But, "C'est La Vie!"

This post has been edited by charlie brown: 15 March 2018 - 09:59 PM

0

#16 User is offline   01GT eibach 

  • Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 42
  • Joined: 10-February 18

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:05 PM

View PostFZ Fan, on 15 March 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

Scott Gorham would rock that.

That awesome post deserves a pic!!!

Posted Image
"Laughing out loud with fear and hope, I have a desperate plan..."
0

#17 User is offline   Vince Q 

  • Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 03-July 17
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:30 PM

Best model of LP that Gibson made. The pickups on mine chime and jangle. Just posted pics of my Deluxe with the Historic Makeovers treatment.

Check it out.

http://forum.gibson....vers-lp-deluxe/
0

#18 User is offline   12 fret 

  • Newbie
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 23-March 18
  • LocationBurlingham, NY

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:47 PM

I have a 1974 Deluxe that has served me well for the last 40+ years. At one point I changed the magnets to get more umph...I couldnít find/afford replacements at the time. I recently switched back to alinco magnets and I wonder what I was thinking! Ahh, I was such a kid. Itís a great guitar.

Attached File  Les Paul.jpg (127.97K)
Number of downloads: 8

This post has been edited by 12 fret: 25 March 2018 - 07:00 PM

0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users