Gibson Brands Forums

L-200 Emmylou Harris

Adria

Hey now!

I am new to this forum and I don't even own a Gibson yet...the operative word is YET. I play a Martin 000-28 Herringbone. Her name is Sadie and I love her dearly. Buuuuuuuuut...my husband and I were playing some guitars at a local shop today and I (actually we) fell in love with the L-200 Emmylou Harris there. Does anyone know if it comes with a bone nut and saddle? I've searched high and low and can't find this info. Also, if you own the L-200, can you tell me how you've enjoyed it? I realize it is the miniature version of the SJ-200, which is good because I'm a miniature version of a grownup lady. ;-)

Thanks,

Adria

Hey all! Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the link, Paul. I visited it before and I still couldn't find the saddle material listed, but you and my husband seem to agree with about the bone nut and tusq saddle, so I'm sure that's what it is.

Take care,

Adria

Don't all non-custom-shop Gibsons come with a tusq nut and saddle?

Their web site says all "modern classic" guitar's have bone nut, & tusq saddle. For the others they really don't say? Or at least I haven't been able to find anything.

Don't all non-custom-shop Gibsons come with a tusq nut and saddle?

Their web site says all "modern classic" guitar's have bone nut' date=' & tusq saddle. For the others they really don't say? Or at least I haven't been able to find anything.[/quote']

That's because the Modern Classic models all have pick ups installed, so they will have the Tusq saddle. Gibson has found that the Tusq saddles are more consistent than bone when using a pick up.

Hey, guitarstrummer,

what would their custom shop stuff, have if doesn't have a pick up? Would these models have bone, & bone?

Also my Sj-200 is a 2001 "reissue" (no pick up) would you think it has bone,& bone?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Girl!

I have the original l-200 not the new body style and it is the first guitar I seem to pick up when I want to work something out or to noodle around. It sounds great acoustically and electrically but seems to respond better to a lighter touch not an agressive style.I love the short scale and this body style is very comfortable to play sitting or standing and is perfect for couch concerts!!!!

Both the old and new Emmylous are incredible guitars. I fell in love with a secondhand older model at my local store, went away and got the money together to buy it, went back and it was gone! I was so gutted. I eased my pain by straying from the Gibson fold and buying a Martin OM18V. BIIIIIG mistake. Lovely guitar but not at all right for me, I just couldn't get used to the thing and whatever I played on it sounded as if it wanted to be played on a Gibson, so I ended up PXing the Martin for a CJ165 at another store. Loved the 165 but it had a constructional issue, so went back to swap it for a replacement only to be told that I could only have my money back, so I took my loot and went back to the original store to find my Hummingbird hanging on the wall just waiting for me! The deal was done, and I'm a very happy man.

BUT...I still have a major itch that will eventually have to be scratched with an Emmylou. Nothing else will do!

Archived