Gibson Guitar Board: Epiphone Studio Acoustic 15C GUITAR AMP - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Epiphone Studio Acoustic 15C GUITAR AMP

#1 User is offline   StarGeezers 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

A friend brought me one of these to fix, lights up but no sound... Have to dig into it and find out what's going on , or not ... Anybody have any experience with these little amps ??? A schematic perhaps ... ???? Any help would be greatly appreciated , Thanks !!!!

#2 User is offline   fhcoll 

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:46 AM

I just renewed my membership........actually I was going to write a review of this particular amp.....

I use a Epi Studio Acoustic 15C every Sunday...I play in a contemporary choir....sounds pretty good.....I mean it amplifies my acoustic guitar cleanly....only have to put the volume at 2 - 2.5......we're not worried about competing with the drummer......I got it because I noticed the other guitarists use small practice amps.....I was thinking about a Crate Taxi but decided against lugging around a battery when I didn't need one......

For what it is.......it's more than adequate for my purposes...........

I wouldn't be surprised if the schematics were in Chinese....if you're lucky they're on the inside of the back panel when you remove it......doubtful..........

#3 User is offline   StarGeezers 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:17 PM

FHcoll, Thanks for your reply !!! I'll take it apart and see if that Chinese schematic is hiding there .... hahahaha

#4 User is offline   fhcoll 

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:07 AM

StarGeezers....for obvious reasons....I'm very interested in how this turns out.....please keep us posted..........

....hopefully....when you take the back off.....you find a loose speaker wire connection............

....is it just the guitar channel 2...or...the microphone channel 1...or...both..........

#5 User is offline   StarGeezers 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:06 AM

Coll', got the amp , wrestled the back off (that glue) ... Wiggled a couple plugs in case of oxidation, cleaned the fuse (good) and plugged it in ... it Worked ... I did notice that the holes that held the amp chassis on weren't exactly lined up and torqued the chassis (maybe a source of the problem ???) Got the file out and enlarged the holes to fit , tightened , no torquing , so screwed it back together and Bob's your Uncle !!!

#6 User is offline   StarGeezers 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:08 AM

PS. Sounded pretty GOOD too ...perfect for a small coffee house gig ...

#7 User is offline   fhcoll 

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:40 AM

.....glad to hear that it worked out so easily for you...........

.....I was worried that it might be something a little more complicated......cracked circuit board.....transformer......etc.............

.....also glad to hear that you're pleased with the sound of the amp......that's exactly what I thought when I first heard it....

.....maybe others will consider it too if they want a small simple acoustic amp....................

#8 User is offline   w6uyd 

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

I found one of these in a garage sale. Gambled and paid 20 bucks. It actually was like new, so I figuered that it might be fixable. It was dead except for an AC hum. Took it apart as StarGeezers suggested. Fuse was OK. Pulled some of the plugs and plugged them back in to rub the contacts. Eureka! It took off and sounds pretty good. I need to find a plug tor the other channel and wire it with RCA plugs on the other end. I will then connect it to my Laptop and run some background tracks to play along with. Nice little Amp and much lighter than my Fender Blues Jr. See my Post for today. Thanks StarGeezers and fhcoll for the inspiration to fix this little amp.

#9 User is offline   Mic 

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:30 AM

Hi there from Slovenia,
I've just got EPIPHONE PR-4E ACOUSTIC PLAYERPACK with A15-C studio acoustic amp (#-Band-EQ and Chorus).
Guitar is OK, but the amp has too much gain. Distortioin begins at 1,5-2 with guitar volume very low. It is imposiple to play at higher levels. Mic input is OK. Is this normal. You said, you have to put volume at 2-2.5, do you have the same problem?

View Postfhcoll, on 02 October 2009 - 06:46 AM, said:

I just renewed my membership........actually I was going to write a review of this particular amp.....

I use a Epi Studio Acoustic 15C every Sunday...I play in a contemporary choir....sounds pretty good.....I mean it amplifies my acoustic guitar cleanly....only have to put the volume at 2 - 2.5......we're not worried about competing with the drummer......I got it because I noticed the other guitarists use small practice amps.....I was thinking about a Crate Taxi but decided against lugging around a battery when I didn't need one......

For what it is.......it's more than adequate for my purposes...........

I wouldn't be surprised if the schematics were in Chinese....if you're lucky they're on the inside of the back panel when you remove it......doubtful..........

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users