Gibson Brands Forums

Unsung China Factory.

an_Warrior

Hey guys.

I am looking to buy Epiphone SG G-400 Cherry. From thomann.de, this is one of the picture of it on that site

603982_800.jpg

Serial number start with UC, which means its from Unsung China. I was wondering if anyone here have a guitar from Unsung China, and if its good or not.

I live in Pakistan so I am going to ask my uncle to bring it for me from England, so if theres any problem, I doubt I'd be able to return it (30 days money-back guarantee). Thats why I really want to know if Unsung China are any good.

Thanks. I'd post pictures if I get it, and would try to be around the forum too. =)

EE models are from the Chinese factory, although I think that all new models only have numbers and no prefix letter. U was the prefix for Unsung, Korea.

My EE Chinese LP is finished every bit as nicely as my Unsung Wildkat.

Incidentally, DV247.com and imuso.co.uk will price match Thomann if you want your Uncle to order from the UK instead. The guitar would have to go in the hold. Search this forum for threads on hard cases and flying with your guitar.

Well thanks Alan. Thomann.de have better prices, theres a whole 30 pound difference in Guitar + Case bundle. Delivery is free in both cases and from reviews I've read on different sites, people who made purchases from thomann seem to be very happy with the service and price.

Is it okay if I link to the bundle? Not sure about the outside linking policy of this website.

I live in Pakistan

I'd just like to take this moment to say I LOVE THE INTERNET.

Being able to communicate with people from all over the world was never this easy before, and it's only going to get easier...

Speaking to people from south america, europe, asia, and australia... haven't heard from any african's yet, but I suppose that makes sense, considering their lack of internet... i've been able to maintain contact with a Japanese foreign exchange student long after he returned to Japan... And it's pretty much the reason I got back into music after I quit band to make room for other classes in high school...

...And are those full size grover rotomatics on that headstock?

I wonder what that C means if Unsung means it's korean... unless UC means something completely different than U...

I'd just like to take this moment to say I LOVE THE INTERNET.

Being able to communicate with people from all over the world was never this easy before' date=' and it's only going to get easier...

Speaking to people from south america, europe, asia, and australia... haven't heard from any african's yet, but I suppose that makes sense, considering their lack of internet... i've been able to maintain contact with a Japanese foreign exchange student long after he returned to Japan... And it's pretty much the reason I got back into music after I quit band to make room for other classes in high school...

...And are those full size grover rotomatics on that headstock?

I wonder what that C means if Unsung means it's korean... unless UC means something completely different than U...[/quote']

+1 on the benefits of the internet, I feel like it gets a bad rap from craigslist killers and chris hansen. at the same time, it also gives you an outlet and the resource of having a few people able to answer any question you have about any topic, no matter how specific (epiphone factories!?)

funny you should mention exchange students, i work for an org that brings them to the US, and I always love when I see or talk to a student who's into guitar/rock and looks like a little hellraiser, and try to get them placed in cool areas with some music scene. The internet has really changed that whole game, and I'm in constant contact with all our foreign offices worldwide, and am always amazed at how accessible we've all become.

Yup. Internet sure is pretty awesome. You know, these days in Karachi (city where I live) its like every 1 out of 20 (young) people is guitarist and yet only find Ibanez guitars everywhere =( I dont like Ibanez.

By the way, is there any benefit of ordering from UK that I may not be aware of?

Shipping it here would cost another 60 pounds but shipping is free in UK. My uncle live in London so I'd ask him to get it, he travel here very often and its no problem for him to bring it to me here.

Still waiting for someone with Unsung China guitar, preferably an SG, to give some insight on the guitar by the way. :)

Hi an_Warrior, welcome. I bought my Sheraton in the States with a hardcase and brought it back in the luggage hold of the plane. The guitar was fine, the case took a couple of deep knocks with chunks taken out of the vinyl. Which didn't bother me, that's what hardcases are for imho. But I have heard some airlines will allow guitars as hand luggage if you ask before you check in; the stewards will take it and keep it somewhere in their area. Might be worth asking your uncle to check this.

Shipping it here would cost another 60 pounds but shipping is free in UK. My uncle live in London so I'd ask him to get it' date=' he travel here very often and its no problem for him to bring it to me here.

Still waiting for someone with Unsung China guitar, preferably an SG, to give some insight on the guitar by the way. :- [/quote']

Hi again,

Just to let you know that the picture is only there to illustrate the guitar and doesn't guarantee that you'll get one of Unsung China origin. In fact, it's almost certain that you'll get one that has been made in the newer EE factory. The only store I have come across where you get the guitar shown in the picture is Sweetwater in the States. Sweetwater posts pictures of several guitars for the customer to choose from, usually to let them pick out one with a nice grain in the wood

Also the UK stores I recommended will match Thomann prices. It it were me, I'd rather have the guitar shipped overseas as few times as possible. Also, if you get it from the UK and there is a fault, it will be easier for your Uncle to sort out an exchange.

Hope this helps.

Alan

The UC prefix is Unsung China, the solitary U is Unsung Korea,the EE is Qing Dao China.I don't have any Eppys made in Unsung China but I have a G400 Custom(3 pickup SG) made in the Qing Dao factory and it's a superb guitar in every respect,a lot of people say the pickups are poor but mine sounds sweet clean and very raunchy through an overdriven amp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup Alan. That did help alot. Thanks. I'd keep that in mind. =) You guys have been very helpful. I'd look into the price-match thing.

Very excited to get my hands on it by the way. Not really good guitarist (only started playing 2 months ago) though. Would be playing hard rock and metal stuff. :)

- Peace! =)

Archived