Gibson Brands Forums

EJ200 Saddle Replacement Help

jcrouse

Hi All,

New to the forum, but have gotten a lot of useful info.

I've got an EJ200 that I've had for about four or five years. I've never been super happy with it, but have been fiddling around with it here and there to try to get it where I want.

I'm looking to replace the saddle with Tusq, which I've had good luck with on some others, or bone, but I'm having a hard time sourcing them. Can someone recommend where I can find the right size in a compensated version? All I'm finding are 3/32" or 1/8" sizes and this seems to measure 3/16". Am I just measuring wrong??

Thanks in advance for any advice you might be able to offer me.

JC

Hi All' date='

New to the forum, but have gotten a lot of useful info.

I've got an EJ200 that I've had for about four or five years. I've never been super happy with it, but have been fiddling around with it here and there to try to get it where I want.

I'm looking to replace the saddle with Tusq, which I've had good luck with on some others, or bone, but I'm having a hard time sourcing them. Can someone recommend where I can find the right size in a compensated version? All I'm finding are 3/32" or 1/8" sizes and this seems to measure 3/16". Am I just measuring wrong??

Thanks in advance for any advice you might be able to offer me.

JC[/quote']

Take it to your local repair man / luthier and have them make one for you, its really the only way to make it a worth wile upgrade.

Archived