Gibson Brands Forums

walk hard gibby sightings

jefleppard

sorry if you guys have discussed this already but.... i watched this movie last night. very funny. the beatles scene alone was worth the 5 bucks. many gibsons in the show. i recognize the j200 and i think the electric is a 175 but what are the others?

walkhard.jpg

walkhard.jpg

walkhard1.jpg

walkhard2.jpg

walkhard3.jpg

walkhard4.jpg

I watched it for the first time last weekend (I'm not a movie person, can't sit still for 90 minutes...) and thought it was okay. Best part was the duet with the chickie babe from The Office.

I saw a J200 of some kind and the 175 but no others stand out. maybe an L-1 type or something? Roy Smeck? Some small sunburst thing anyway. Unless the 175 was some kind of reissue it was some friggin' old because I thought it had P90s, which would put it back before '57.

I've been avoidin' goin' to see it out of respect for The Man. I figured it just poked fun at Johnny. But... maybe I'll see it on DVD. What with all those Gibsons adornin' a 'poser', it might be a good one to watch, just for the props. Would you characterize this as a chick flick?

I've been avoidin' goin' to see it out of respect for The Man. I figured it just poked fun at Johnny. But... maybe I'll see it on DVD. What with all those Gibsons adornin' a 'poser'' date=' it might be a good one to watch, just for the props. Would you characterize this as a chick flick?

[/quote']

it does take some shots at johnny's lifestyle but its not cruel. its a bit will ferrell meets spinal tap tone-wise. there are alot of jabs at the industry and pop culture in general. i found the music quite funny, as well. dewy's songs with jenna fischer are classic and his bob dylan phase is hilarious. good job by tim meadows as the drummer. as for the chick flick aspect i can't say because..........(lyric grab alert)

i watch alone.

and fresh out of her shower photo shoot...its miley and daddy ray...

billysj200leftie.jpg

just tooling around the net.....here's one that could tell some stories...'51 lg2 - looks like my car after a winter of road salt.

1951GibsonLG2.jpg

jimmy page playing black mountain side (you tube it!) on a (as the story goes...) borrowed j200. he recorded all acoustic work on the first two lp's on this guitar and switched to a harmony sovereign for albums 3, 4 and 5 - meaning that it was probably used to record 'stairway'.

pageandj200.jpg

harmonysovereign.jpg

Jeez, I feel dumb now, I didn't see the photobucket pix at the beginning of the thread (photobucket is blocked at work so they just plain "don't show up"). There's something definitely over-the-top about the J200 guard.. then another looks like an LG reissue. On the jailbait album cover I can't tell what he's playing. Obviously a non-descript Tele beside him and a 70s Jazz Bass. In the high school shot there's a Harmony Bobcat, an early 60s Silvertone (I just sold one on ebay to a guy in Belgium for $19.50) and a pre-'55 Precision (or replica). The next shot shows a Gretsch Synchromatic (?) and Dewey is playing what appears to be a pre-1957 175 which is giving me fits because it looks just a little too clean to be flung around as a prop.... and I've never seen one with flame like that. Custom ordered with P90s from Nashville? More plausible. But what do I know?

Jeez' date=' I feel dumb now, I didn't see the photobucket pix at the beginning of the thread (photobucket is blocked at work so they just plain "don't show up"). There's something definitely over-the-top about the J200 guard.. then another looks like an LG reissue. On the jailbait album cover I can't tell what he's playing. Obviously a non-descript Tele beside him and a 70s Jazz Bass. In the high school shot there's a Harmony Bobcat, an early 60s Silvertone (I just sold one on ebay to a guy in Belgium for $19.50) and a pre-'55 Precision (or replica). The next shot shows a Gretsch Synchromatic (?) and Dewey is playing what appears to be a pre-1957 175 which is giving me fits because it looks just a little too clean to be flung around as a prop.... and I've never seen one with flame like that. Custom ordered with P90s from Nashville? More plausible. But what do I know?[/quote']

cool insight, KSD. and thanks. sorry - photobucket is working for me right now. i think the j200 pick guard has dewey cox's autograph on it. did the 175 ever have p-90's? and the guy on his right playing an a barre chord - what is that he's playing?

Archived