Gibson Brands Forums

"Epiphone by Gibson" headstock Sheraton owners club

I thought there were quite a few owners of these Samick built Epiphone Sheratons with the

ebg.jpg

headstock on this site.

I was wrong.

We have 6,677 registered forum members and have had 5,389 visits to this thread.

Astounding........still only have 9 proven owners of "Epiphone by Gibson" Sheratons on this forum.

1986 E-by-G's

NaturalScience2112 (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 2 (tobacco, sn:6066698))

Musikron (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 1 (natural, sn:6094580))

1987 E-by-G's

JoeSamick (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 3 (tobacco, sn:70105418))

StevieD (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 8 (tobacco, sn:71107775))

Albannach (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 6 (tobacco, sn:71108446))

1988 E-by-G's

Toredown (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 5 (tobacco, sn:80202658))

hilleri(2) (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 9 (natural, sn:880603292)

slawek (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 4 (tobacco, sn:880802010))

missing serial therefore 1986 to 1988 E-by-G's

hilleri (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 7 (natural (yellowed), sn:XXXXXXXX)...probably 1988

who own "Epiphone by Gibson" Sheratons (samick build 1986-1988) with the

ebg.jpg

Headstock

Please if anyone else knows of anyone else who owns one, or sees one for sale, drop me a line.

to be included in this list we need photographs of your guitar especially the headstock back and front

So my questions to all owners of "Epiphone by Gibson" headstock Sheratons..

Do your serial stickers look like the one in the photo below?

Do you have an 8 digit serial?

The TRC is plain black on the one I am buying did they come like that?

Last question which I suspect

should this mean

My guitar was made in

Korea

January c.1987

Production Number: 05418

IMG_6908.jpg

should this mean

My guitar was made in

Korea

January c.1987

IMG_6908.jpg

Bloody hell' date=' Joe - that headstock looks like it's been around a bit.

Hope you're getting that for a good price, mate.

Might be a nice player, though...

And these days people seem to be paying a load of extra money to get that kind of look!

[img']http://www.backstagepassmusiccenter.com/roadworn400.jpg[/img]

should this mean

My guitar was made in

Korea

January c.1987

IMG_6908.jpg

Joe' date='

The problem is most of the stickers with the serial #s have been removed, like the one I had years ago. But yes, that's what the stickers looked like, and the early number were random.

[img']http://home.earthlink.net/~jkmcleer/Guitars/epi%20sheraton%20back%20neck.jpg[/img]

Hi leicester35

It will cost me £230 and I quite like the weather beaten look and some forum members have let it be know the "Epiphone by Gibson" are often quite well put together.

It has taken a few knocks over the past 23 years, but as long as it is in good playing order. I think it has "character" it will do me fine.

I am hoping to have it as my "ready to hand" guitar. Some would say "beater" but feels a bit luxurious talking about a Sheraton that way.

But that is what it is for.

Jerrymac wrote:

The problem is most of the stickers with the serial #s have been removed, like the one I had years ago. But yes, that's what the stickers looked like, and the early number were random.

Thanks JM

Just hoping there might be a few out there that still have the serial sticker to see if there is any rhyme or reason to those 8 digits.

Wow

That is surprising of all the thousands of Epiphone owners on this site only two other people Jerrymac who once owned one, and Musikron who has one.

So few peopled who own or have owned, a "Epiphone by Gibson" headstock Sheraton.

I have seen one on e-bay, Wonder how many of these were made.

Would like to get a list of owners just to try and sort the riddle of these serials.

• Upvote 1

6,006 registered members on this forum and this thread has had 162 views and to date the list of owners of Sheratons with the "Epiphone by Gibson" headstock is two people

Musikron

JoeSamick

come on there must be more people out there who have this headstock on their Sherri's

ebg.jpg

• Upvote 1

6' date='006 registered members on this forum and this thread has had 162 views and to date the list of owners of Sheratons with the "Epiphone by Gibson" headstock is two people

Musikron

JoeSamick

come on there must be more people out there who have this headstock on their Sherri's

[/quote']

I've owned other Samick Sherry's, like this one:

sheri.jpg

Now ain't she purdy??? Just didn't have by Gibson.

Is that a white one JM?

I almost traded my Tele for a white one at a show about 18 months ago. The lead guitarist in another band and I were drooling over each others guitars. But it had no case and thus was pretty rough. Which normally don't bother me but I mean this poor thing was hurt.

I still want white one one day.

• Upvote 1

6,006 registered members on this forum and this thread has had 201 views and to date the list of owners of Sheratons with the "Epiphone by Gibson" headstock is two people

Musikron

JoeSamick

Nice Sherri JM but no cigar just those Sherri's with the headstocks like this

ebg.jpg

Hi Smips

This is the plan

Emperor will have black Mean 90's (so the duncans will be spare)

The "Epiphone by Gibson" Sheraton gets the Duncans

Other Sheraton gets Lollar minis

The Sheraton I have at the minute plays fine and the pickups are OK, but when I play it and then play my Emperor which currently has the Duncans well....it makes me want to hear the Duncans in Sheraton, which simply just sound better, clearer and more defined.

So I will have three pair of Epiphone pickups for fleabay myself.... if you want them cheap...Smips

I will have no use for them...

Smips

Maybe they will come in handy for all your repair and sell guitars

I don't believe this

6,006 registered members on this forum and this thread has had 227 views and to date the list of owners of Sheraton's with the "Epiphone by Gibson" headstock is two people

Musikron

JoeSamick

ebg.jpg

Is that a white one JM?

I almost traded my Tele for a white one at a show about 18 months ago. The lead guitarist in another band and I were drooling over each others guitars. But it had no case and thus was pretty rough. Which normally don't bother me but I mean this poor thing was hurt.

I still want white one one day.

Yep' date=' I've actually had two different white ones come my way over the years. I'd like to get a Samick Sherry again some day, white would be my preference. But to make Joe happy, I'll get a Sunburst with the [i']by Gibson[/i] on the headstock. I don't think they made the white ones until the '90s.

Hi Jerry and Musikron

I will not keep this thread going but will try to make a list of owners of Sheratons with the "Epiphone by Gibson" headstock.

It does seem that these are fewer on the forum than I imagined.

Jerry you own, and have owned some delicious guitars, you are a lucky man.

If some of those you have shown, are the ones you have let go.

I can imagine the "keepers" you have must be a very fine array of musical instruments.

And Musikron you promised me a photo :-).....So you are the only other guy on this forum so far with a Sheraton with a headstock like this (also a big thank you for looking at the photos and giving me your assessment on the Sheraton):

ebg.jpg

out of 6,014 forum members and 310 visits to this thread. Please if anyone else knows of anyone else who owns one, or sees one for sale, drop me a line.

It Looks like DuaneV moved this thread to Epiphone Electrics maybe he thinks we will have more luck here...

This is the last call for owners of Sheratons with the "Epiphone by Gibson" headstock.

We have 6,017 registered forum members and 378 visits to this thread.

Still only

Musikron

and soon Joe Samick

own these Sheratons with the

ebg.jpg

Headstock

Please if anyone else knows of anyone else who owns one, or sees one for sale, drop me a line.