Gibson Brands Forums

You can keep your SJ-300

Johnt

Now we've all been tempted by abalone and pearl, haven't we? Well I know I have. We've all thought about buying new "rims" ( as my son calls them) with spinners for our Volvo estates, haven't we? Well I know I have. We've all applied just that little too much blusher and glitter about our cheeks before a big saturday night out, haven't we? Well I know I..........only joking.....

As the Forum member who is likely to meet up with Johnt sooner than others, I'll happily take it upon myself to, as we say in England, give him a slap when I see him.

Have you missed another appointment with the vet John?

Takeharu guitars were fairly good, well made and with the right materials; they actually sounded quite reasonable, and I had a quick go on one at a fair a year or so back and nearly bought it..... for £25, but decided not to. Good but not exciting, workmanlike but not gut-wrenching. I vaguely recall a Suzuki label? Can't remember.

Those crystals are Austrian cut-glass, what us old duffers used to call Rhinestones. Typical swarovski rhinestones wholesale at about $52 for 10 gross (1440) so there are $1444 dollars worth of stones, say $56 worth of guitar.

Starting price at $7499 means about $5999 for the labour and 'design'.

Thats 15cents per stone to kill a fair sounding guitar stone dead.....

I can appreciate all the work that went into that but it's not playable. How do you change chords on that neck? I guess folks who would buy that wouldn't be players.

I figured that the purchase of this guitar will do three things for me

1. Keep my fingernails trimmed, saving £s in scissors and clippers let alone varnish!

2. Render playing impossible as you point out. I am goin to bring her to the homecoming and play air guitar to Tom Paxton!

3. Make me look a complete and utter toss*r (well more than I do usually)

Seriously there are some sad people out there I hope The Man and the others portrayed on the "instrument" got the royalities!

As for dear old ThermonicN!k saying that there was an Ok guitar underneath all that stuff

"Well Mutton dressed as lamb"

"You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear"

etc etc

Exit stage right, man in white coat coming again>>>>>>>>>>>

The fretboard seems normal' date=' doesn't it? [/quote']

Yeah but did you see the back and sides of the fretboard? Ouch! I don't know how you would it? Try sliding quickly from a D barre chord to a C barre chord on that thing and you'd either knock all the crystals off or get yourself some sore hands.

Yeah but did you see the back and sides of the fretboard? Ouch! I don't know how you would it? Try sliding quickly from a D barre chord to a C barre chord on that thing and you'd either knock all the crystals off or get yourself some sore hands.

There's the root of your problem. Stick to cowboy chords and it would work just fine.

All I said was 'fairly good' and sounded 'quite reasonable'.

I also made the point that it wasn't worth £25 ($50) to me.

Hardly an OK guitar in anybody's books.

Though fine kindling wood.

Also:

It ain't ThermionicN!k, it's Thermionik.

I ain't NOBODY's 'dear old'.

Heh heh heh, hic.....

Let us never speak of this again.

Archived