Gibson Brands Forums

AJ

sutton

Hey Gang, I'm new to the forum too. Been a Gibson fan for many years. I bought a beautiful sounding Advanced Jumbo some time back and was just wondering, are they actually discontinued from the Montana line?? Thanks for any insights...Jon

Hey Gang' date=' I'm new to the forum too. Been a Gibson fan for many years. I bought a beautiful sounding Advanced Jumbo some time back and was just wondering, are they actually discontinued from the Montana line?? Thanks for any insights...Jon [/quote']

Welcome to the forum. The AJ has not been discontinued, however, it is only available for sale through one of Gibson's Five Star Dealers or through special order. That's why it's not shown on their website as a regular production model.

I've got the hots for the AJ 12string that Fullers have had for a while. I bet that sounds like the end of the world...I am poor as a church mouse after getting hold of my Dove and B15 in the last few weeks though. Still, who needs money when you're surrounded by delicious guitars?

I have actually heard that they were discontinued but available through custom order. I know our local Guitar Centers still have a couple in stock but they have been there for awhile and of the two I played, neither sounded as good as mine but that might also just have been dead strings and the overall ambiance of the Guitar Center acoustic room!

:-({|=

I have actually heard that they were discontinued but available through custom order. I know our local Guitar Centers still have a couple in stock but they have been there for awhile and of the two I played' date=' neither sounded as good as mine but that might also just have been dead strings and the overall ambiance of the Guitar Center acoustic room!

:-({|= [/quote']

Who did you hear that from? My information came directly from Gibson last month.

played one tuesday at GC and it was my fave for the day. 2k was the price. i think it may be my next. i always told the girls in high school that "you can't be first, but you could be next." i always laughed but they didn't seem to find anything funny about it.

played one tuesday at GC and it was my fave for the day. 2k was the price. i think it may be my next. i always told the girls in high school that "you can't be first' date=' but you could be next." i always laughed but they didn't seem to find anything funny about it.[/quote']

Cunkhead, if you want a girlfriend you are going to have to stop saying things like that. I'm just tryna help.

Cunkhead' date=' if you want a girlfriend you are going to have to stop saying things like that. I'm just tryna help.[/quote']

i think caution prevails here. therefore i'll babystep my way to love by trying out an AJ first. then we''ll see.........

btw, GG, did you check out that cake tune?

i think caution prevails here. therefore i'll babystep my way to love by trying out an AJ first. then we''ll see.........

btw' date=' GG, did you check out that cake tune?[/quote']

I did check out that cake song..... great tune! =D> Thank you!

Archived