Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Info on Epiphone PR-350-S

#1 User is offline   epipr350s 

• Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:20 PM

Hello,

I have an Epiphone PR-350S (with the Epiphone by Gibson headstock) that I've owned since 1987. I was wondering what the general opinion on this particular guitar is and how did they rate versus their other models at the time?

thanks,
Mike

#2 User is offline   Thawk Dean 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNorthern Wisconsin

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:16 AM

I have a 1991 PR350E. Right now it's my first and only git. My coach has a few gits and says he enjoys playing my Epi as much as his B25 Gibson. When we play together, the sounds are VERY similar. The only difference I can tell is that his solid top has more projection than the laminate top on my Epi.

#3 User is offline   epipr350s 

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:02 AM

[quote name='T'hawk Dean]I have a 1991 PR350E. Right now it's my first and only git. My coach has a few gits and says he enjoys playing my Epi as much as his B25 Gibson. When we play together' date=' the sounds are VERY similar. The only difference I can tell is that his solid top has more projection than the laminate top on my Epi.[/quote']

Hi T'Hawk Dean,

FWIW the S for my guitar stands for Solid. It has a solid spruce top and laminate mahogany sides and back. According to Acoustic Guitars: The Illustrated Encyclopedia by Dave Hunter the mid 80's (mine is from 1987) were a low point in quality for Epi Acoustics and that all but their best models had laminate tops. As far as I know the PR-350S is at best a mid level guitar...but I'm not familiar with their lineup from that time. I seem to have lucked out perhaps though as I have not had any issues with quality, and after 20+ years it sounds better than ever. Is there anyone out there who is familiar with the mid 80's Epi acoustics?

Mike

#4 User is offline   epipr350s 

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:03 AM

Hi,

Did I luck out in getting a good guitar in my 1987 PR-350S as I've read that Epi's from this period weren't very good, or have I read wrong?

Thanks,
MIke

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users