Gibson Brands Forums

2001 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus colors

raulduke156

I just purchased a 2001 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus. The sunburst on the guitar is one that I don't see on any of the newer Epi Les Paul's. I believe it's a Desert Burst.

Did Epi indeed do a Desert Burst that year? Also, if they did, could you provide a pic to compare to my guitar?

If you think this is a dumb question, please refrain from ripping me with your opinion. Keep it to yourself for your friends.

Thanks,

Ian

I just purchased a 2001 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus. The sunburst on the guitar is one that I don't see on any of the newer Epi Les Paul's. I believe it's a Desert Burst.

Did Epi indeed do a Desert Burst that year? Also' date=' if they did, could you provide a pic to compare to my guitar?

If you think this is a dumb question, please refrain from ripping me with your opinion. Keep it to yourself for your friends.

Thanks,

Ian[/quote']

Welcome Ian,

I don't know about 2001 but their standard plus models usually come in vintage sunburst, heritage cherry sunburst or honeyburst. They also do limited editions such as the trans amber and a blue one. You could have a trans amber but I've certainly seen honeybursts come from very light to very dark shades. My guess is that you have a honeyburst.

As Peter says, let's see a pic of yours. Here's my honeyburst for comparison.

DSC02080.jpg

DSC02081.jpg

Alan

Did Epi indeed do a Desert Burst that year? Also' date=' if they did, could you provide a pic to compare to my guitar?

Thanks,

Ian[/quote']

IMAG0033.jpg

Just took this one to upload. It's not the best quality, but works.

Dang Alan' date=' you take the best damn photos on this forum!

What are you using, a Hasselblad?[/quote']

Thanks Brian but it's more to do with lighting than the equipment. The room in which I take these pics has a high skylight as well as the sliding patio door you can see. So, with the British climate, you get nice soft, natural light from above and to the side which is perfect for a good picture.

As for equipment I just use a bog standard Sony 3.1 Megapixel compact camera which is now outdated in terms of pixels. I do own a Minolta SLR but I haven't used it for years because it takes 35mm film.

I'd love to get myself a digital SLR but I keep buying guitars instead!

Alan

Archived