Gibson Brands Forums

anyone else care about the serial number? or am i superstitious and silly.

Andrew

having a 666 in there would obivously rock! or your lucky numbers or something. my recently returned :-k j45rw had '1138' (as in thx-1138..cool sci-fi film) which at the time said "buy ME!" ... and i also wanted a 0xxx8xxx 2008 because my first child will be born in november and i dug the idea of have a guitar make the same year as his/her(?) birth.

so now i'll be on the hunt for a new j45 rw (hopefully i can find a buzzless one)...and once again i'll be hoping for a serial number that is in some way..neat-o.

no doubt that is the absolutely most unimportant factor in buying a guitar....am i alone?

also i wish gibson was using the orange labels.

It's like everything else Andrew

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Whatever turns your crank etc!

You pays your money, you takes your choice!

If you want to fixate about serial numbers and I want to collect empty Elixir packets, then the world may regard us as plonkers.

Sorry KSD has a P*sser of a day yesterday, looks like today's my turn!

It might be fun to have a serial number that has a meaning like a birthday or something like that but I wouldn't waste the time searching for it and I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor on whether or not I buy that guitar.

On a side note, a friend of mine did play part of the serial number of my Gibson bass (0154) on a pick four lotto ticket and won $50.00.

Statisticians and mathematicians would suggest that yes, you ARE superstitious and silly.

Astrologers and numerologists would, of course, beg to differ.

Personally, I think very small serial numbers are cool.

For financial reasons, however, all my serials are:

(a) large to humungous.

(cool.gif entirely randomly selected.

But then - I favour the attitude of the statisticians and mathematicians.

Statisticians and mathematicians would suggest that yes' date=' you [u']ARE[/u] superstitious and silly.

Astrologers and numerologists would, of course, beg to differ.

Personally, I think very small serial numbers are cool.

For financial reasons, however, all my serials are:

(a) large to humungous.

(O:) entirely randomly selected.

But then - I favour the attitude of the statisticians and mathematicians.

yeah i thought so. heh.

andrew' date=' i checked out your site. that rush tune is cool. i saw them on that tour. it was the last of three times on the signals tour in 1982. glad everything's going your way with the '45, as well![/quote']

cool! i saw them last week in toronto..great outdoor summer show.

Archived