Gibson Brands Forums

at a loss for words on this one

jannusguy

I'd suggest the words we can't see on the side might be along the lines of,

" Why did you do this you f.......g peanut head?"

Now I challange anyone to argue why that is better than PT smashing up a new SJ200. Graffitti art? As Jim Royle would say,

" My Arse!!"

I emailed and asked for a headstock pic and any info that might be gleaned from the remnants of the inside label. I'll post the info if/when it comes.

good i'm curious....for 200 bones might be a fun restore project...or not.

I am surprised this hasn't hit the local Craigslist. This guitar is likely within a 20 minute drive of my house!

I would be interested to see what photos you come up with of the headstock or serial number and label... I am currently thinking I should get a cabin beater guitar and with enough Deet bug spray, I could likely melt that paint right off!

:-s

It might not be art to us - but at least it is still a guitar, and with a little stripper and some TLC, could be a looker again, maybe even a player. PT's smashed 200 is kindling wood, or at best a rebuild challenge from hell.

Personally, I think BOTH are an insult to the craftsmen, and a finger to those who can't afford a really good guitar.

To paraphrase the Royle's:

Anthony: Who'd buy it?

Jim: Stevie Wonder.

Arteests are not noted for their rocket science study. If it were indeed a Gibson, he could have sold it and financed a FirstAct and all the paint it would take to come up with the same effect... brushes too. I suspect arteests aren't known for their business study either.

Andy Griffith 'saved' a D-18 what was painted black and besquined from the set of "A Face In The Crowd." That he has to this day. So, I'd say it may be salvagable.... if you do your own work.

85 bucks sounds about right. Even for a pac-rim Epi.

Com'on KSDADDY, you know you want the challenge.... B)/

OMG! (running to get the nitroglycerine.... put tablet under tongue, breathe, relax, breathe, relax) If my boyfriend did that to my guitar.... (more nitro please).

She says it sounds DIVINE. But she also thinks that's a cool thing to do to a guitar so....... one might be tempted to question her credibility, no?

Don't look like no banjo in his avatar.....](*,)

And yes, the Tomlinson DOES play a mean banjo, so much so that he and Connolly inspired me to get one, which I had here for about fifteen years (JT may remember it.....) but I could never do it justice. I met him several times 'for a bevvy' in the mid seventies - we were both involved in the TU movement (Eric somewhat more 'actively' than me) and he DID like a drink or seven back then.....

It's back on ebay now but with no 'f' photo.

Yesterday it was $80 bid / $200 bin

Then later it was $85 bid / $225 bin

Now it's $85 bid / $250 bin

Cripes, someone oughta BUY it before it's up in J-250 Monarch territory!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-Painted-Acoustic-Gibson-Guitar_W0QQitemZ180268854598QQihZ008QQcategoryZ2385QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Archived