Gibson Guitar Board: Gibson Teams with Arlen Roth for Original Online Lessons—Free on Gibson.com! - Gibson Guitar Board

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gibson Teams with Arlen Roth for Original Online Lessons—Free on Gibson.com!

#1 Guest_Gibson Lifestyle_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:03 AM

Gabriel J. Hernandez | 07.22.2008

Posted Image

Gibson is extremely proud to announce an exclusive partnership with world famous guitar instructor Arlen Roth. Beginning Thursday, July 17, guitarists everywhere can visit Gibson.com for Roth’s free, firsthand instruction on the complete spectrum of guitar playing. A new online video lesson from Roth will become available each day, with every musical genre represented—rock, metal, blues, jazz, country, and alternative, among others.

A music lesson pioneer, Roth is the quintessential guitarist. An accomplished and brilliant musician—and one of the very few who can honestly say he’s “done it all”—Roth has, over the course of his celebrated 35-year career, become the leading authority on all things guitar.

Continuing to build on his tremendous musical legacy, Roth’s daily supply of music lessons on Gibson.com will be the most comprehensive lesson catalog available anywhere. And it’s all coming from the man who put music instruction on the map nearly 30 years ago.

“This is truly a wonderful thing,” Roth said. “I’ve made a great life as a musician, but also in passing along what I know about playing guitar. It’s great to have the opportunity to be a part of such a fantastic team and company, and to be able to continue the legacy I started in 1979.”

Roth’s “legacy” began in earnest when he founded Hot Licks, a guitar-learning resource company that was essentially the first to videotape famous musicians demonstrating their techniques and individual styles. Hot Licks has shipped well over two million videos worldwide, in addition to producing an extensive library of books and guitar-related materials, including countless Roth tutorials covering guitar history, lessons, and various playing styles.

“This is going to bring an entirely new set of lessons and knowledge to a completely new generation of guitarists all over the world,” Roth said. “Gibson had the vision to bring me in and make this a reality, and I think it’s a perfect combination. I’m very excited and honored to be a part of this new venture.”

Roth was recently voted one of “The Top 100 Influential Guitarists of the Century” by Vintage Guitar magazine, and with good reason. Over the past 35 years, Roth has earned a remarkable reputation as a musical innovator and highly talented musician across nearly all musical genres, from acoustic to electric, from rock and roll to blues, from slide guitar to country.

In addition to being widely regarded as the most influential visionary and pioneer in the field of music instruction, Roth has also toured and recorded with the likes of Simon and Garfunkel (individually and together), Bob Dylan, John Prine, Phoebe Snow, Don McLean, Pete Seeger, Jack Bruce, James Taylor, and Duane Eddy, establishing himself as one of today’s most prominent blues guitarists.

His latest release, Toolin’ Around Woodstock, recently debuted at No. 9 on the Billboard blues charts. Featuring collaborations with American music legend Levon Helm and slide guitar master Sonny Landreth, the album has garnered rave reviews in multiple national and international publications.

Roth is also widely recognized for his authorship of Guitar Player magazine’s Hot Guitar column, which was consistently ranked as one of the magazine’s most popular features for more than 10 years running.

Along the way, Roth has played a multitude of various Gibson models, both electric and acoustic, including his most prized guitar of all?a 1952 Les Paul Goldtop. The priceless ’52 has been his faithful traveling companion to many gigs over the years, including Les Paul’s 90th birthday party.

“I purchased the Goldtop used in 1967,” Roth said. “It was the first time in my life that I knew what a good guitar was really like. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.”

Gibson is delighted to announce its collaboration with Roth and to present an entirely new catalog of original lessons prepared exclusively for Gibson.com. A new daily lesson from Roth will debut Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of every week, along with a brand new one-hour course on various topics that will hit the site at the beginning of each month. This unprecedented package of lessons promises to be the most valuable guitar instructional tool available anywhere.

And the best part is that it’s all free, exclusively at Gibson.com.

#2 User is offline   Jerry K 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Banned
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:25 PM

These are actually pretty cool lessons. Thx!

#3 User is offline   Sam Adams 

• Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:47 AM

This is what I,ve been looking for.

#4 User is offline   har 

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:11 AM

These lessons are realy cool, thank you very much, Arlen. :-s

The lessons led me to the gibson websites, and made me notice about the new Dark Fire. So i ordered a Dark Fire (my first Gibson) in December and i'm hoping, she will arrive soon.

As a conclusion to Gibson: If there would have been no lessons from Arlen, i would probably haven't noticed about the DF. So you could say, Arlen sold it! :-)

I hope there will be many more lessons from Arlen, can't wait to watch them!
Proud owner of an unlimited 2008 Gibson Les Paul Dark Fire Limited Edition, First Run
wallpaper

#5 User is offline   spanishoaknc 

• spanishoaknc
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:08 PM

Gibson really has a great service to its players with this web site / A person can learn and practice a little everyday and get the joy from his guitar. I've been playing for 38 years and still a person can learn something new to better their self everyday. "Enjoy & Learn"

Thank You Gibson & Arlen =D>
"Paul Dean"

'63' Gibson Custom Hummingbird

'08' Gibson L4-A EC

Genz Benz Shenandoah 150 LT

Shure MS-58 / MS-57

'08' Washburn Jumbo Cumberland 12 String Acoustic

John 3:16

#6 User is offline   Mad Rax 

• If there weren´t rock n roll we´d miss the groupies
  • LocationYour sisters room

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:29 PM

Thanks, this is nice
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1983 Gibson Flying V
2003 Gibson Les Paul Joe Perry Custom
Epiphone Sheraton
Neal Moser Bastard V
BC Rich NJ Warlock suped up with Neal Moser electronics

An anoyingly empty case of beer

#7 User is offline   James walter 

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:12 AM

Thanks for sharing this as I was looking for this from a long time and I have tried many times to get this lesson from some who have this but none of them corporate with me and found this only on Gibson so I really appreciate this effort. Thanks once again!

#8 User is offline   blue1128 

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:37 PM

Is it hard to learn the guitar? Actually I'm really interested to learn it but I'm having a tough time. I hope to get some practical tips here on how I can start learning it. I love to sing, I think it's a great hobby too.

yahoo webhosting
vent hosting server

#9 User is offline   kellyedwards 

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:49 PM

When I heard that it's free, I immediately checked the website to see the lessons... Now I really have to look for a gibson les paul special guitar

-----------------------------------------------------
Kelly Edwards
gibson les paul special

#10 Guest_FriendyAnil_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

Hey great post really this very useful for me thanks for sharing this..

#11 User is offline   crazyhair 

• Advanced Member
  • Location40th & Plum - 40 miles from nowhere & plum out of my mind

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:24 AM

It's great when it gets updated, but haven't seen it updated for a while!

#12 User is offline   WildDog 

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

:) up

#13 User is offline   blea07 

• LocationFort Sumner NM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:25 PM

Thanks Arlen!! These lessons are at the perfect pace. I have picked up alot in a short time.

#14 User is offline   MarthaT 

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:33 AM

Thanks, these will be quite helpful
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   xkimo 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationArizona

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

That is good news.I was checking out Mr.Roth's lessons currently on Gibson.com last night.A person whom besides being a well traveled artist is also a natural teacher.Thank you Gibson.

#16 User is offline   muzicbox 

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:16 AM

How about that? Getting free guitar lessons from the experts :) thanks a lot for the informative post, the website has great content

#17 User is offline   4Hayden 

• Just Jerking Your Chain
  • LocationAbove ground

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:07 AM

Learn something new every day , Thanks

#18 User is offline   Matt23 

• Group: Validating
  • LocationRockville, Md

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:12 PM

wow, was just poking around on the forum, and discovered this - neat! and thanks!

View PostGibson Lifestyle, on 22 July 2008 - 10:03 AM, said:

Gabriel J. Hernandez | 07.22.2008

Posted Image

Gibson is extremely proud to announce an exclusive partnership with world famous guitar instructor Arlen Roth. Beginning Thursday, July 17, guitarists everywhere can visit Gibson.com for Roth’s free, firsthand instruction on the complete spectrum of guitar playing. A new online video lesson from Roth will become available each day, with every musical genre represented—rock, metal, blues, jazz, country, and alternative, among others.

A music lesson pioneer, Roth is the quintessential guitarist. An accomplished and brilliant musician—and one of the very few who can honestly say he’s “done it all”—Roth has, over the course of his celebrated 35-year career, become the leading authority on all things guitar.

Continuing to build on his tremendous musical legacy, Roth’s daily supply of music lessons on Gibson.com will be the most comprehensive lesson catalog available anywhere. And it’s all coming from the man who put music instruction on the map nearly 30 years ago.

“This is truly a wonderful thing,” Roth said. “I’ve made a great life as a musician, but also in passing along what I know about playing guitar. It’s great to have the opportunity to be a part of such a fantastic team and company, and to be able to continue the legacy I started in 1979.”

Roth’s “legacy” began in earnest when he founded Hot Licks, a guitar-learning resource company that was essentially the first to videotape famous musicians demonstrating their techniques and individual styles. Hot Licks has shipped well over two million videos worldwide, in addition to producing an extensive library of books and guitar-related materials, including countless Roth tutorials covering guitar history, lessons, and various playing styles.

“This is going to bring an entirely new set of lessons and knowledge to a completely new generation of guitarists all over the world,” Roth said. “Gibson had the vision to bring me in and make this a reality, and I think it’s a perfect combination. I’m very excited and honored to be a part of this new venture.”

Roth was recently voted one of “The Top 100 Influential Guitarists of the Century” by Vintage Guitar magazine, and with good reason. Over the past 35 years, Roth has earned a remarkable reputation as a musical innovator and highly talented musician across nearly all musical genres, from acoustic to electric, from rock and roll to blues, from slide guitar to country.

In addition to being widely regarded as the most influential visionary and pioneer in the field of music instruction, Roth has also toured and recorded with the likes of Simon and Garfunkel (individually and together), Bob Dylan, John Prine, Phoebe Snow, Don McLean, Pete Seeger, Jack Bruce, James Taylor, and Duane Eddy, establishing himself as one of today’s most prominent blues guitarists.

His latest release, Toolin’ Around Woodstock, recently debuted at No. 9 on the Billboard blues charts. Featuring collaborations with American music legend Levon Helm and slide guitar master Sonny Landreth, the album has garnered rave reviews in multiple national and international publications.

Roth is also widely recognized for his authorship of Guitar Player magazine’s Hot Guitar column, which was consistently ranked as one of the magazine’s most popular features for more than 10 years running.

Along the way, Roth has played a multitude of various Gibson models, both electric and acoustic, including his most prized guitar of all?a 1952 Les Paul Goldtop. The priceless ’52 has been his faithful traveling companion to many gigs over the years, including Les Paul’s 90th birthday party.

“I purchased the Goldtop used in 1967,” Roth said. “It was the first time in my life that I knew what a good guitar was really like. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.”

Gibson is delighted to announce its collaboration with Roth and to present an entirely new catalog of original lessons prepared exclusively for Gibson.com. A new daily lesson from Roth will debut Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of every week, along with a brand new one-hour course on various topics that will hit the site at the beginning of each month. This unprecedented package of lessons promises to be the most valuable guitar instructional tool available anywhere.

And the best part is that it’s all free, exclusively at Gibson.com.

Guitars:
84 Martin HD2832
86 Fender American Standard Strat
96 Epiphone Sheraton II
05 Fender Deluxe Nashville Tele
15 Gibson Les Paul Studio
16 Taylor 414ce

#19 User is offline   kitekrazy 

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:33 AM

BTW whatever happened to the Gibson Skills House that came in the newsletter? I miss it.

#20 User is offline   kidblast 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:47 PM

Gibson and the Skillz House folks came to a parting of the ways a while ago.

there's supposedly a successor in the works, but there's been nothing posted here so far.
/Ray

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users