Gibson Brands Forums

Sacriledge or custom

Space Pup

A friend of mine wants a Hummingbird but he can't stand the illustrated pickguard. I suggested that he order one with a plain pickguard but he seems to think that would be sacriledge and then it woudn't be a Hummingbird. To use his words "like having a '57 Chevy without the tailfins.".

So I want to get everyones opion on this. Would ordering a Hummingbird with a different pickguard be seen as a sacriledge or a custom?

I seem to remember a thread a few weeks back when somebody , might have been TLSG told me that the Dove and Hummingbird super dooper twin turbo or something or other came with a plain scratchplate.

Can't remember someone will?

^^^^^^^^^

Sorry too late

A friend of mine wants a Hummingbird but he can't stand the illustrated pickguard. I suggested that he order one with a plain pickguard but he seems to think that would be sacriledge and then it woudn't be a Hummingbird. To use his words "like having a '57 Chevy without the tailfins.".

So I want to get everyones opion on this. Would ordering a Hummingbird with a different pickguard be seen as a sacriledge or a custom?

Tell him to forget about the 57 Chevy and buy the Cadallac....... Gibson Advanced Jumbo! It has a great manly pickguard!

O:)

Tell him to get the bird without the pickguard. I think... the less flash... the better.

Kinda like the mid-seventies Trans Ams...Would've been a decent looking car if they didn't stick that "chicken" on the hood.

Ha Ha. I resemble that remark. Though' date=' to my ear my Crow sounds different than the Hummingbirds I've played and I think it a bit larger in size too.

Cheers,

Les[/quote']

I happen to love that model myself.

Trust me, I would have a Sheryl Crow model if I could find someone interested in swapping a Les Paul for it.

The HB Artist and the regular HB are not built the same' date=' so I hear. So, the only thing they would have in common is "hummingbird" being part of the name. [/quote']

actually, this guitar looks like an orange SWD to me. not sure of the structural differences of any of them but i do like the clean lines.

My dad had a 4 door, '57 Bel Aire when I was little. It was turquoise colored.

I enjoyed chewing on the back of the vinyl bench seat. I sat in the middle. It was really cool! You could bite it, it would leave you teeth marks, then it would, magically, lay back down as if you hadn't bit it at all. Quite entertaining for a 5 year old! =P~/

'Course, Dad didn't like it. I think that was about the time he had seatbelts installed and I got moved to the driver's side against the door so I couldn't bite on the seat back....

Heh, heh, I chewed on the door panel!

'57 Chevy without the tailfins? More like a Mustang GT without a racing stripe.

I'd go for a Hummingbird with a plain pickguard anytime, as long as it sounded and played like a Hummingbird.

Archived