Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Sheraton VSB need help!

staggerlee39

Hi. I'm new to this forum.

I own an Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton VSB brown sunburst. The serial number is written on a silver paper sticker located at the back of the head # 70103630 and the model (Sheraton VSB) on another smaller sticker on the upper body's back.

I believe it is a prototype my brother (who passed.. last january) bought from a guy who was importing a lot to sell in Lima - Perú back in the late 80's early 90's.

Someone told me this GTR dates from 1970 but I'm not sure about that.

I will appreciate very much if somebody could help me find the year this guitar was made and how much it's worth nowadays.

It is in mint condition and it's got it's original HC.

Thanks.

Stag.

Hi. I'm new to this forum.

I own an Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton VSB brown sunburst. The serial number is written on a silver paper sticker located at the back of the head # 70103630 and the model (Sheraton VSB) on another smaller sticker on the upper body's back.

I believe it is a prototype my brother (who passed.. last january) bought from a guy who was importing a lot to sell in Lima - Perú back in the late 80's early 90's.

Someone told me this GTR dates from 1970 but I'm not sure about that.

I will appreciate very much if somebody could help me find the year this guitar was made and how much it's worth nowadays.

It is in mint condition and it's got it's original HC.

Thanks.

Stag.

Epiphone by Gibson Sheratons were made 1986 - 1988 (maybe early 1989).

epi%20sheraton%20neck.jpg

Thanks Jerrymac! So mine should be from around those years.....can you give me and idea of its price? how much I can sell it for? the least and the most?

I have no idea about prices in Peru, but in the USA I would estimate between $400 - $500 mint condition with the hard shell case. Very nice guitar...

Archived