Gibson Brands Forums

'02 R7 Goldtop questions

Taya

Hi,

I'm actually looking for buying an 2002 R7 Goldtop, and I've some questions so it will be very cool if anybody could help me ;-)

1) Authenticity

Serial Number is : 7 2 561 so if I apply what I saw in M. Yoshida's topic I can say that it's a 1957 Reissue produced in 2002 and the guitar was the 561 of the year -> is it correct ?

Could you give me too a little description of parts of this guitar like pickup model, Tuner key type, caps & pots type ?

2) Furrow

Salesman tell me that there is no scratches & diggs but there is a light "furrow" between the 2 parts of top :

lp2tx2va4.jpg

Is it "normal" or a "cosmetic trouble" ?

Thank's for your help,

Taya

yes' date=' it is an authentic R7 from august 2002. it would have Gibson pots and caps, '57 Classic pickups, and green key vintage-style tuners. the "furrow" is probably just the center seam of the maple top showing...no worries there.[/quote']

Thank you for all those informations ;)

Dear Mr YOSHIDA San,

Thank's a lot for your comments, they are very usefull. I've just receveid the guitar and it's just a "Dream"o:)

But could you explain me what is a "non wired ABR1 bridge" please :-k

The only thing I think that I will change is to replace originals pickups by SD Alnico II who are on my Epiphone.

Sorry, I'm "just" French but I often work for "Henkel Cemedine" at Tokyo so maybe have we professional meeting?

Regards

Taya

Archived