Gibson Brands Forums

My 1984 Reissue

1984 Guy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

yep gibson if it ever wakes up and start producing a usa line up of the retta pacer and pacer custom and the original 84 will set the guitar scene on its arese like kramer did back in the 80,s the guitars were affordable and with bodys made from maple poplar they tone was huge. everyone had a kramer that was the go to axe for shredding. if you ever watch them old rock videos every one had a kramer a charvel or a jackson. when i mention jackson i meand the old hand built stuff same with charvel from the old gladstone street shop have a few of them myself.

if you guys really want a usa kramer line let gibson know have your friends let gibson know and keep letting them know and a year or two from now maybe they will pop a usa line. knowing gibson they will hang a 2k plus tag on them. im 50 now i still jam have more vintage 80,s and 70 guitars i can hardly move around the house closet and rooms. even the young music crowd today is buying the music yo kramers tio be like their guitar heros of days gone by. ya think gibson would of already smelled the cofee. grab them when you can get them. keep them they will go up in value. if your not sure your vintage ebay hopefull is genuine do your home work before buying. its easy to id them when you know what is right and what is wrong. right now its a buyers market times are tough people need money. buy vintage if the economy gets better u made profit. plus you will love the play and the tone....

• 1 year later...

Cool, love the Beretta models. I remember back in the 80s, I wanted a Beretta so bad(-1985 era). I remember walking into my local music store(long before GC came) and seeing a wall full of Kramers hanging. Berettas, Pacers, etc, and also the Focus and the Stryker models. Being 19 at the time, I did not have $1000 to buy a Beratta( I was about $800 short at the time), so I settled on a Focus 1000 in red. Sucks, but I only had a part time job back then, and made limited money, (much like today, but I have a full time job, Ha) Anyway, I also remember standing in Strings And Things in Memphis, and holding a 1985 white Beretta and also a San Dimas Charvel in zebra. I was in heaven at the time, but again, it was a pipe dream for me to afford a $1000 guitar back then, hell, its hard now, but I can afford it more now, not saying much, but you know. I will always love the Beretta models, but I feel(for myself anyway) that although they are cool, and will always be cool, now, they are more of a nostalgia thing to me. They still look great, sound great, and play great, but they are a little out dated to me now. Doesn't fit the times. Fender, Gibson are timeless, like the strat and Les Paul never go out of date, but those 80s guitars, to me do. I love them, always will, but I have moved on in my old age, but the Kramer Beretta and the Charvel San Dimas will always have a place in my heart. Will always love them.

P.S. I did not mean that the Focus 1000 sucked, because it did not, it was basically an ESP guitar, but I meant that it sucked I could not afford a Beretta at the time.

• 1 month later...

Archived