Gibson Brands Forums

Z neck joint

r2bflash

I am a little confused about the description of the neck joint on these. It clearly states on the website. Neck Joint: Thru-neck

Is this the new term for bolt-on? The pictures of the Z have shown a bolt-on neck.

Hey r2bflash,

I asked the SAME question at Steinbergerworld - and thats why Im here! I was hoping that somebody here could shed some light on this. In all of the pictures that I have seen of the ZT3 the neck looks like its bolted on! I was at Sweetwater's page, and I also noticed that the specs list the ZT3 scale at 28.5" - definitely Synapse Transcale territory, not Transtrem!

-----bluvtox1-----

Hey r2bflash' date='

I asked the SAME question at Steinbergerworld - and thats why Im here! I was hoping that somebody here could shed some light on this. In all of the pictures that I have seen of the ZT3 the neck looks like its bolted on! I was at Sweetwater's page, and I also noticed that the specs list the ZT3 scale at 28.5" - definitely Synapse Transcale territory, not Transtrem!

-----bluvtox1-----[/quote']

Yes, I am the one the sent a reply about the Spec on Steinberger.com. The scale is listed as 25.5" there.

The new Steinberger ZT3 is a bolt-neck guitar. The original specs on Steinberger.com stating it was a thru-neck was a mis-print. We apologize for the error. It's already been corrected.

The specs on Sweetwater.com saying that the ZT3 scale length is 28.5" is incorrect. This is also a mis-print. They may have confused it with the Synapse TranScale which is 28-5/8" (and variable). The ZT3 scale length is 25.5". We have notified Sweetwater of the error.

Thanks,

Steinberger

Archived