Gibson Brands Forums

Piezo bridge

gbd

Hi! You've already asked the same in the other forum, after I've asked the same to myself a few times, but I do suspect that there may be some confusion when listing the parts...

I'm not aware of any Synapse SS-2F version having a piezo saddle bridge, nor it does have the controls layout compatible with adding the mix preamp which is needed... Anyway, the bridge looks just the same, aside from having the 6 individual saddles instead of the clever one-piece piezo saddle which do allow for intonation to some extent, due to its' configuration and angle adjustability.

Greetings, JPB

• 3 years later...

Sorry for digging out this stone-old thread, I found it with Google and I don't think there is any other thread adressing this topic so exactly, so I post my question here.

headlost (or anyone else), do you mean the " * Guitar Synapse - Fixed Bridge w/ Piezo AsseMbly & HW SBR-102" is a piezo saddle with individual saddles? So you could, for example, switch a Transcale saddle with this one and have the same piezo functions, but with individual string (intonation and height) adjustment?

I once thought about buying a Transcale Demon (they're pretty cheap here) and using it as a guitar for experimental ultra-low tunings (the huge scale should make tunings down to one octave below a standard guitar possible), but I imagine even a baritone one-piece-piezo-saddle to be picky with tunings THIS low (this means, setting intonation for 6 wound strings).

Would be very interesting though.

Archived