Gibson Guitar Board: Please Henry Save Slingerland - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Please Henry Save Slingerland the disapearing brand

#1 User is offline   Guitardetail 

• Group: Members

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:27 PM

They are not doing enough to save this line. I grew up playing Slingerland. They are great drums but Gibson is pricing them through the roof. Even Gretsch figured out you have to have entry level kits to sell a line. They are the same type of drum and customer. Learn from them. You will never compete with DW in the price point you are now. The proof is you have no dealers left. I hope they make an effort to save the line but right now it's being miss-managed.

#2 User is offline   studiodtk5 

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

Maybe the best thing to do is Set Them Free....

Since Gibson corporate can not figure out how to grow the drum business...Then let Slingerland try themselves....it mihgt be the best way to save them.

While they are at it Gibson could let a few others go as well....

#3 User is offline   LeoPaul422 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationMusic City

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

I have a set of Slingerlands that I picked up from Musicyo when I also bought a couple of Musicyo Kramers. Anyone who passed up the Musicyo deals, missed the Deals of the Decade!
Gibson Les Paul, Gibson 335, Epiphone 1275 Doubleneck, 64 Fender Telecaster, 50th Anniversary MIJ Telecaster Custom, 60th Anniversary Telecaster, Kramer American Showster, Kramer FR422, Electra Jazz Bass, Epiphone Beatle Bass, Mandolins & Mandolas, Yamaha Keyboards & Synthesizers, Slingerland Drums

#4 User is offline   SouthpawKen 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationThe Left Coast

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

I agree with most. Slingerlands have been around so long and it would be a crying shame to see it go like Leedy, even though they still exist in a small capacity.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users