Gibson Brands Forums

Let's baptize the new forum: Gibby acoustic vids, pics

anthonyc007

Anthony, that's a great song! Are you coming to the Homecoming this summer? We could all play it together.

How do you get the link to say the words you want instead of the link name? I've always wondered how to do that.

Here's one of my current favourites.... the human side of Lucinda Williams..... I just love this one altho' I'm sure she's horrified that it's on YouTube LOL....

Lucinda Williams Passionate Kisses

Anthony' date=' that's a great song! Are you coming to the Homecoming this summer? We could all play it together.

How do you get the link to say the words you want instead of the link name? I've always wondered how to do that.

Here's one of my current favourites.... the human side of Lucinda Williams..... I just love this one altho' I'm sure she's horrified that it's on YouTube LOL....

[/quote']

Credit to her for carrying on regardless! I remember one occasion not so long ago where we had arrived to play at a festival, set up, soundchecked and went off to the beer tent for a little refreshment before our spot, three hours later.

How we all managed to start three different songs in three different keys at the same time remains one of life's little mysteries to this day!

Anthony' date=' that's a great song! [/quote']

It is a great song. In case you are not aware, the lyrics are Woody Guthrie (and music by Wilco). Woody had written a ton of songs that he never recorded. One of his kids approached Billy Bragg and Wilco about adding music. The result are two LP's call Mermaid Avenue. Very cool stuff.

Are you coming to the Homecoming this summer? We could all play it together.

I kinda doubt it. Finances are tight this year. I bought my house just a little above comfort level - every one said I would grow into (financially speaking). Instead: two years of pay cuts and no bonuses. Ughhh...

But I'll try. Would love to play with all of you.

Hmmm...Well, I type the text, then highlight it. Then go to the 'link' command. Enter the website address and voila!

Hmmm...Well' date=' I type the text, then highlight it. Then go to the 'link' command. Enter the website address and voila![/quote']

Aha! It worked! I've learned something today (didn't know about the Woody bit either). Thanks.

I hear ya on the home ownership thing...... I'm only working part-time now and it's amazing how much more money 1% is when the mortgage interest rate changes (gulp)

Sorry' date=' but I gotta post it.... Dove, cute girl, great voice, one-(wo)man band, with a little help from a looper

KT Tunstall - I Want You Back

Yeah, that's a good one. She really knows how to get a groove going. I just wish she'd put a better pickup in that Gibby. Not a big fan of Fishman undersaddles.

Here's my pick:

Not the best audio recording, but you get the idea.

And here is Gregg Allman's Come and Go Blues on my J-100 XT Maple

David

Here are some pix of the Reverend Gary Davis and some of his Gibson-playing musical progeny. (You'll have to do your own YouTube searches for videos. =D> )

In the beginning, there was the Rev and his trusty J-200 (and Gibson banjitar).

RGD-with-J200.jpg

(Actually, this is just one of his many J-200s. Apparently one of the downsides of being blind is that your guitar gets stolen on a semi-regular basis.)

Of course, the Rev had a bunch of students, including Roy Book Binder, pictured below with a '30s vintage Nick Lucas, a '30s vintage L-00, and a '30s vintage AJ,

Roy-with-NL.jpg

Roy-with-L00.jpg

Roy-with-AJ.jpg

and Ernie Hawkins, pictured below with a J-200 and a Southern Jumbo,

Ernie-with-J200.jpg

Ernie-with-SJ.jpg

He also inspired a host of other pickers, including Jorma Kaukonen, pictured below with his legendary J-50 (the same one as in the Hesitation Blues video of dberch's post), one of his twin J-190s, a sunburst AJ, a natural AJ, and his custom J-35)

Jorma-with-J50.jpg

Jorma-with-J50-2.jpg

Jorma-with-J190.jpg

Jorma-with-AJ.jpg

Jorma-with-nat-AJ.jpg

Jorma-with-J35.jpg

Okay, so here's

. The first of the two pictures of Jorma with his J-50 shows him in the recording studio in 1964. This video shows him with the same guitar in the recording studio in 2002.

-- Bob R

i was going to choose a foo fighters acoustic but i couldn't choose which one.

i recommend youtubing: everlong, marigold, razor, february stars, come alive, and stranger things have happened. (in their skin and bones concert dvd i believe dave uses a songwriter deluxe even)

oh and i almost forgot pink floyd's "wish you were here"

Archived