Gibson Brands Forums

Discontinued Model Club

guitarkid

1384434148[/url]' post='1449385']

One more - My Les Paul Studio '50's Tribute, P 90's, in Honeyburst...

DSCN0532_zpsb9bd3640.jpg

Pickups were changed out for Tom Short Sweet P90's...

AND my last for today, all discontinued, Epiphone Zenith bass. SG Special 3 pickup, worn white, and 1972 Les Paul Recording guitar...

DSCN1092_zpse86c4b98.jpg

That's it...unless they have really discontinued LP Juniors...

that LP with the Cream P90s. Makes me weak in the knees

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 2010 Les Paul Studio '50's Tribute, P90, in Honeyburst. These were made only in 2010, and only for a short period of time. I did lightly hand polish the top using mag wheel polish and an old cotton tee shirt. It is a very comfortable guitar to play, and sounds just great.

DSCN0532_zpsb9bd3640.jpg

I went as far as putting it up for sale on eBay a few weeks ago, and then had a change of heart and pulled it before someone actually bought it.

They seem to be selling around $850-$900.

• 2 months later...

I guess I'll post my two main guitars here as well :)

The first is a Gibson Les Paul Classic from 2007

The second one is a bit special. I know it's not a Gibson, just to keep it in one post across the forum.

It's an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Elite series from 2002. It's a fantastic guitar with great build quality in my opinion!

Cheers

post-68971-059926300 1417812173_thumb.jpg

post-68971-047489700 1417812181_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

My LPJ, discontinued and doesn't qualify as a Junior due to the two-piece carved Maple Top and dual Humbuckers. I really love the tone on this guitar. It's kind of like a regular Les Paul out of less than premium woods, including a real Maple cap and a Maple neck. Of course it has the Traditional Swiss Cheese weight reduction. The finish, in my opinion looks cool, with the flat Nitro and brushed chrome hardware. For the money, there is a LOT of Gibson in this little guitar. I'm so glad that I bought it. The Fretboard inlays make this such an unusual guitar for what Gibson considered a Junior.. I love it, and the tone is pretty raw and raunchy. I will never part with it. The price was unbelievably low, and it's bone-stock, and the neck is straight as an arrow. It's no surprise that they discontinued them. Low Profit Margin. I would REALLY like to join the Dicontinued Les Paul Club.9C38138A-4443-486B-B17F-EF3C45B0EB56.jpg I'm a dual member here. A Peaceful Orange "PEACE" Paul.3CC63091-E6E9-429D-8D03-7C93BF8BEB3E.jpg

5D12306F-5B2F-49B3-A16B-B821233D1390.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this qualifies as "discontinued" or not. They make them for awhile, then stop, then make then again with different finishes and pick-ups. This is a 2013 Les Paul Custom Lite.

tZyf8s2.jpg

It originally had one master tone and a little switch for coil tap. I had it modded to two tone controls and had a push pull so it still has the coil tap feature.

Side view to show how thin it is:

5AgjfAI.jpg

Just wanted to reply to bump this thread up so people will look at all the cool and rare Les Pauls :rolleyes:

Archived