Gibson Brands Forums

1990 t.v. yellow standard

ryan7olson7

just wondering if anyone else has one of these. it is a 1990 standard, tv yellow, with T.V. written in pencil on the neck tenon under the front pickup. i can't find any info or production numbers, and it does have the top connected s-o-n GIBSON headstock logo.

just wondering if anyone else has one of these. it is a 1990 standard, tv yellow, with T.V. written in pencil on the neck tenon under the front pickup. i can't find any info or production numbers, and it does have the top connected s-o-n GIBSON headstock logo. ???DSCF0509.jpg

DSCF0501.jpg

Wow, crazy! I've never seen a Les Paul that finish. Its not a refin? You can see the neck tenon in the rythm pickup route? Not a fake?

OK, so i looked under the pickup again, and i was mistaken. it is not a long tenon, for some reason i remember it that way, but it does have t.v. penciled on top of the finish.it is not a refinish, as you can see the paint/wood transition in the pickup cavity. seems weird that they would have to mark the finish designation AFTER it was painted. here is some more pics. the reason i am trying to find out info about this guitar, is because i saw a SG custom this color a couple of years back and i think it was the same year 1990, and i would like to eventually get one.DSCF0501.jpgDSCF0521.jpgDSCF0528.jpgDSCF0525.jpgDSCF0533.jpg

That is sweet. I want one.

thanks. i have owned this guitar since 2002. i went with a buddy to help his company install a racquetball court in the naval air base where the hindenburg went down, and on friday after a week of killing myself working 14 hour days, we went to the local bar to have a drink, and next door to the bar was a place called "nothing new" music, all used guitars and amps. well i had about $1200 bucks coming my way and after playing it for 2 minutes i bought it on the spot without plugging it in for $1000 w/case. it was my first gibson and has been played very heavily playing in blues bands, i basically learned how to play on this instrument as it was the first one to inspire me. with the unpotted alnico 2 pro's it has a very sweet, vocal sound. i also added the old wax/paper capacitors from an old stromberg carlson pa head i rebuilt into a tweed tremolux. anyway, i just want to know the years these were made so i can start tracking down another one. [thumbup]

th_DSCF0509.jpg

Archived