Gibson Brands Forums

93 Epiphone Frontier made in Bozman MT

mgrasso

Did anyone here pick this up?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This is so sweet, and I am kicking myself for not going for it.

You never know when another one will appear.

Great ending price for a Gibson special order acoustic.

While I am on the subject of Rare Epiphone Acoustics from the 90's, this is another one that is just great.

So Mr. Rosenberg, Jim, Sir, how about one or the other as another reissue?

And all natural, no laminate.

Please!

Thanks,

Mark

While I am on the subject of Rare Epiphone Acoustics from the 90's, this is another one that is just great.

Please!

Thanks,

Mark

Please!

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark:

I read with sympathy your lament regarding the missed Bozeman Frontier. The 93-94 Bozeman Excellente reissues are even better.The Korean reissue you also referred to is a great cheap guitar but in no way comparable to either the original Excellente (it is often confused with)or the Montana

ones.

Regards,

Moose

Hi Mark:

I read with sympathy your lament regarding the missed Bozeman Frontier. The 93-94 Bozeman Excellente reissues are even better.The Korean reissue you also referred to is a great cheap guitar but in no way comparable to either the original Excellente (it is often confused with)or the Montana

ones.

Regards,

Moose

I did not know the Excellente had a run from Bozeman. Was it limited to 350?

Do you have one?

Mark

Hi Mark:

Bozeman was going to make 250 Excellente reissues and, as reported to me by Gibson (as a result of my inguiry),

made only 23 plus 8 others for a private Japanese collector. I own No.7 out of the series. This is one great sounding guitar.

Regards,

Moose

Hi Mark:

Bozeman was going to make 250 Excellente reissues and, as reported to me by Gibson (as a result of my inguiry),

made only 23 plus 8 others for a private Japanese collector. I own No.7 out of the series. This is one great sounding guitar.

Regards,

Moose

Moose,

When did you get your Excellente?

I extend my congratulations!

Red 333

Thank you Red for your appreciated good wishes. I found my Bozeman Excellente reissue about 4 years ago.I also found

No2 of the special Japanese 8 unit custom order in Japan about 3 years ago.This I sold and wish I hadn't.

Regards,

Moose

Thank you Red for your appreciated good wishes. I found my Bozeman Excellente reissue about 4 years ago.I also found

No2 of the special Japanese 8 unit custom order in Japan about 3 years ago.This I sold and wish I hadn't.

Regards,

Moose

I guess I must have known that, since we've both hung out and on the Gibson forum for so long, but I thought you were still looking. Maybe for another to replace the one you sold, or for a Kalamazoo-made model? Anyway, I was bummed when I saw the link above to the Korean reissue that had sold, thinking you might want have wanted it. I don't feel so bad now, knowing (or being reminded) that you have a Bozeman-made one.

Take care!

Red 333

I guess I must have known that, since we've both hung out and on the Gibson forum for so long, but I thought you were still looking. Maybe for another to replace the one you sold, or for a Kalamazoo-made model? Anyway, I was bummed when I saw the link above to the Korean reissue that had sold, thinking you might want have wanted it. I don't feel so bad now, knowing (or being reminded) that you have a Bozeman-made one.

Take care!

Red 333

Take care!

Red 333

Please!

Thanks,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Today, I finally managed to snag myself my ALL TIME DREAM GUITAR that ive been searching for YEARS! I am happy to anniounce that it was listed on Ebay and as soon as I saw IT, i called the dealer up, made an offer and WHAM-0 ...he took it after a few minutes of haggling. Anyway, Its a 63' Epiphone Frontier. I was wondering if anyone else has had the oppourtunity to play one or if anyone else has one in their possesion...I am trying to post the pics now. Let me know people...I amcurious to know if anyone else has one...Thanks Tpost-15280-077083800 1288310923_thumb.jpg

If it is a true '63 Excrllente in excellent condition, it could sell in the neigborhood of $6,500 - $7,100 dollars. According to the '09 Vintage Guitar Price Guide. Unfortunately they don't list the value of the ones made in '90's at Bozeman, Montana. I wonder why?

Same goes for the '94 Bozeman FT-110 Frontier, of which there were only 30 built.

Faded....

If it is a true '63 Excrllente in excellent condition, it could sell in the neigborhood of $6,500 - $7,100 dollars. According to the '09 Vintage Guitar Price Guide. Unfortunately they don't list the value of the ones made in '90's at Bozeman, Montana. I wonder why?

Same goes for the '94 Bozeman FT-110 Frontier, of which there were only 30 built.

Faded....

they don't list them because, with almost no exceptions, their resales are almost nil.

Moose

Fadepedi I think the vintage book is out dated I haven't seen one ever sell for that price, as for why they don't list the Bozemans is to do with they are not vintage yet and it becomes difficult to put a price when they are not selling on the market ( supply and demand ) even though they are limited amounts of them. A price pattern has to be established on the market place and as more folks start to seek them out is what gives them value.

As we have seen in the past age has nothing to do with vintage values, it all comes back to how much demand there is for them ( and for guitar players it all comes down to what the guitar has to offer that others don't have )I myself can't really speak about the Bozemans they never made an appearence in Canada so I don't know if they are better players or not or if they are just re-issues that are similar, but not necessarily better then their older mates were.

Just my 2 and 1/2 cents worth of some knowledge.Ship

Hi Ship:

Congratulations-Your observations are absolutely on the mark -both about a necessary resale pattern to set current value and the Vintage Guitar

current market indications. It still boils down to what price a willing buyer and a willing seller are willing to act on. Best example is both the foregoing buy Fellini 1973 just made as well as the earlier Bozeman reissue Frontier sale.

Regards,

Moose

Fadepedi I think the vintage book is out dated I haven't seen one ever sell for that price, as for why they don't list the Bozemans is to do with they are not vintage yet and it becomes difficult to put a price when they are not selling on the market ( supply and demand ) even though they are limited amounts of them. A price pattern has to be established on the market place and as more folks start to seek them out is what gives them value.

As we have seen in the past age has nothing to do with vintage values, it all comes back to how much demand there is for them ( and for guitar players it all comes down to what the guitar has to offer that others don't have )I myself can't really speak about the Bozemans they never made an appearence in Canada so I don't know if they are better players or not or if they are just re-issues that are similar, but not necessarily better then their older mates were.

Just my 2 and 1/2 cents worth of some knowledge.Ship

Ship,

As I wrote, my book is an '09 edition. Also the pricing is based on LOW excellent to HIGH excellent. Any wear and tear will drop that pricing by 1/2 or more. It would be extremely rare to fine one in like new condition. That's why we will probably never see one sell for that kind of $$$$.

Faded.....

Hope you understand that no disrespect was meant towards you fadedepi, it was not my intention to show you up or anything, we try our darndest to keep things lite here. And yep I have yet to see one in even excellent shape that wasn't re-worked by someone, I have seen some very decent ones but then what can you expect from a guitar that was meant to be played.ship...........also I tend to think the vintage book tends to be overly generous when they quote values, but hey thats just my opinion which wouldn't buy me a cup of coffee these days.I do enjoy when we get to discuss some of these older beauties and that folks are passionate about them still after all of these years,cool right.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got back on here after 3 new passwords.This post is about the Frontier,right?

I had 2 of the later Kalamazoo models,which I couldn't get on with because of the narrow

neck.I finally got a '62 rope'n'cactus sunburst -what a guitar!

I agree with Moose about re-issue Excellentes-I've got a sunburst Korean which is great.

However,I've seen photos of Bozeman Frontiers & Texans & would just say-do not buy unseen.

Archived