Gibson Brands Forums

Thanks Jinder!!

ajsc

i love this song. a guy that sings, plays and writes like this should be able to make a fine living at it. and i cant help but be jealous when i think of the p-tang he must get.

Well, he is married now and has a kid, so...

THE single best thing out of me joining this board was getting to know the music of Jinder (along with his work with The Mercury Men). Needless to say, there are a lot of other benefits I've gained from being here on occasion, but he's the top for sure.

If you haven't gotten it already be sure to buy his CD "Nine Cents from Benelux." I guess you could download it too, but I would rather buy the physical CD, even if it means increasing my carbon footprint, to ensure that more money gets into the hands of his Jinderness.

Well, he is married now and has a kid, so...

THE single best thing out of me joining this board was getting to know the music of Jinder (along with his work with The Mercury Men). Needless to say, there are a lot of other benefits I've gained from being here on occasion, but he's the top for sure.

If you haven't gotten it already be sure to buy his CD "Nine Cents from Benelux." I guess you could download it too, but I would rather buy the physical CD, even if it means increasing my carbon footprint, to ensure that more money gets into the hands of his Jinderness.

Gotta +1 these comments. 9c is a very fine album indeed.

Sounds great, thank for sharing, definitely a great resource for finding artists our little Gibson forum.

Now stupid question time ... hes' clearly play a J-200 (rihgt) but it kinda looks, well, small ..So is he either a quite a big man, its not a J-200, or my eyes just need glasses .. ? :-)

Sounds great, thank for sharing, definitely a great resource for finding artists our little Gibson forum.

Now stupid question time ... hes' clearly play a J-200 (rihgt) but it kinda looks, well, small ..So is he either a quite a big man, its not a J-200, or my eyes just need glasses .. ? :-)

Jinder's a big fella! His J200 looks like a CJ165 when he's flying it!

It is indeed a J-200 Super Jumbo. Jinder is indeed a super jumbo guy as I recall....6'3"? 6'4"? The guitar does look small, doesn't it. Big guy, big guitar.

I have a hard time believing that because the guitar just looks smaller to me. But hopefully the man himself will make an appearance and clear it up.

I think I remember a thread where Jinder was fretting over whether to sell his Hummingbird, which I think he did and bought a small body Gibson of some ilk.....a Blues King or something like that. But he has always spoken of his road-worn J-200.....this is his 200. He is a big dude.

Edit: Found the thread... Blues King Purchase

And he does mention his beloved J200 here.

I think I remember a thread where Jinder was fretting over whether to sell his Hummingbird, which I think he did and bought a small body Gibson of some ilk.....a Blues King or something like that. But he has always spoken of his road-worn J-200.....this is his 200. He is a big dude.

Edit: Found the thread... Blues King Purchase And he does mention his beloved J200 here.

That's it Buck. His shoulder was bothering him and he got the smaller bodied BK.

I don't think that is his SJ200. He's mentioned before about swapping the tunres for grovers several times and has gone through many sets of them. He's in a studio so this could be a borrowed guitar. He used a variety of guitars on the 9 cents album.

An Emmylou Harris perhaps?

I don't think that is his SJ200. He's mentioned before about swapping the tunres for grovers several times and has gone through many sets of them. He's in a studio so this could be a borrowed guitar. He used a variety of guitars on the 9 cents album.

An Emmylou Harris perhaps?

No question that he's a big fellow and no question that he made mention several times of his beloved SJ-200. I just don't think that is one...

There was another thread here where he talked about the various guitars he used for the songs on 'Benelux' so I'd be interested to know what those were. If I could only find it! [mad]

Archived