Gibson Brands Forums

Neck Info

Manjha

Heya my name is Jimmie and I am new to the Gibson forum....I am 50 years old and a long time Strat player...I have always wanted a Les Paul but for some reason the necks never felt right....anyhow a long story short, I went into a pawn shop the other day and seen a epi Zakk Wylde les paul picked it up and fell in love with the feel of the neck (I bought it even though I never liked sig. guitars) the question is does Gibson make a les paul with the same specks as this one? (I have tried out many at GC and never found one that didnt feel like a bat to me)

Heya my name is Jimmie and I am new to the Gibson forum....I am 50 years old and a long time Strat player...I have always wanted a Les Paul but for some reason the necks never felt right....anyhow a long story short, I went into a pawn shop the other day and seen a epi Zakk Wylde les paul picked it up and fell in love with the feel of the neck (I bought it even though I never liked sig. guitars) the question is does Gibson make a les paul with the same specks as this one? (I have tried out many at GC and never found one that didnt feel like a bat to me)

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Custom-Zakk-Wylde-Signature-Les-Paul-Electric-Guitar-Bulls-Eye?sku=517124#used

... I have always wanted a Les Paul but for some reason the necks never felt right.... (I have tried out many at GC and never found one that didnt feel like a bat to me)

46 and 2 posted a link for you.

Some perfer the 50's "baseball bat" necks. I have a Telecaster (52 AVS) and it's got the fat vintage (baseball bat) neck - the fattest in my collection. I love it. (I never had a problem with different neck sizes - my go from the slimmest 60s tapers to the fattest 50s)

Gibson makes necks in the style of 50s, 60s, 60s slim taper, many variations on 50s and 60s, and asymetrical.

Here's an interesting chart on necks from the classic years, more variance than you might think -

botbdata6dh.jpg

Archived