Gibson Brands Forums

Is this a real Gibson SG???

Turbomarcel

The Only gibson With A Maple Board Was A Les Paul Custom In a Natural Finish made in the 70's.

Gibson made a couple solidbodies with maple fingerboards back in the 70's. The L6-S was available with a maple board, and I believe the Marauder and S-1 were also. None of which were Gibson's finest hour.

Gibson made a couple solidbodies with maple fingerboards back in the 70's. The L6-S was available with a maple board' date=' and I believe the Marauder and S-1 were also. None of which were Gibson's finest hour.[/quote']

My Friend HAS A S-1 With rosewood Board

The Only gibson With A Maple Board Was A Les Paul Custom In a Natural Finish made in the 70's. The Diamond looks to small than an sg custom and should be MOP Or Ablone Like A LeGrand

I beg to differ but Gibson made the L6S, the whole guitar was of maple, and that could very well be something that was special order...I've seen weirder looking legit SG's than that one. Oops, didn't see above post...disregard.

Massive bogosity at work. Notice he didn't show the back of the guitar; bet it's got a bolt-on neck. Probably a Japanese copy guitar from the 1970s. That fakey-looking body wings arrangement is strictly out of the 1970s, copying the multi-piece bodies that Alembic used to use.

Archived