Gibson Brands Forums

Broken case )-:

Nopicplayer

I got a nice new Gibson (made in Canada) case with my new Gibson les Paul studio in November 2007. Its now only Jan2008 but the handle is already broken)-: . I’ve not even been on the road with it yet. Only carried it to studio every day, very carefully, about five min walk max or to the car to go to other studios. I’m the only person that has ever used the case and I am very careful with it.

. What’s up with that?? .. it’s the leather style handle.

Any ideas. I am used to fender hard cases I’ve never had this problem before and toured with fender P-bass teles n strats in hard shells. . I love my Gibson and can’t imagine using a case other than the proper one ?/

Has anyone had similar problems? I need it for everyday use, I am trying to avoid the flight case option as this is useless for every day walk to studio and I take the ‘’keep guitar with you at all times’’ approach. Don’t fancy sending my les into cargo. Hmm

Thanks in advance for any interest to this post.

Peace ‘n’ Pickups.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I went back to Guitar Center niavely thinking that they would just take the one with the broken handle and give me another one. I figured they had plenty in stock and could just settle up with Gibson later. Nope! It was just a little over 30 days since purchase so GC would do nothing. I emailed Gibson and they sent me a box for shipping. I did have to pay to ship it to Valley Arts Music, but they sent me a new one back.

Oh..I just noticed you are in The UK. That might cost a little more in shipping. Still, I would try emailing Gibson Customer Service.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I went back to Guitar Center niavely thinking that they would just take the one with the broken handle and give me another one. I figured they had plenty in stock and could just settle up with Gibson later. Nope! It was just a little over 30 days since purchase so GC would do nothing. I emailed Gibson and they sent me a box for shipping. I did have to pay to ship it to Valley Arts Music' date=' but they sent me a new one back.

Oh..I just noticed you are in The UK. That might cost a little more in shipping. Still, I would try emailing Gibson Customer Service.[/quote']

Big surprise there. Guitar Center is just about the most worthless business I have ever encountered. No one in that store knows ANYTHING about guitars. I routinely get into arguements about whether they carry Brite Wire strings. And God help you if you have a customer service issue (I won't even go into it...grrr).

That's why I play all their guitars, and then order them from an online retailer.

Dear Gibson, please drop Guitar Center. I know that many here will disagree, but in Indianapolis, IN, Sam Ash is MUCH better store and is way more worthy of carrying your products.

Big surprise there. Guitar Center is just about the most worthless business I have ever encountered. No one in that store knows ANYTHING about guitars. I routinely get into arguements about whether they carry Brite Wire strings. And God help you if you have a customer service issue (I won't even go into it...grrr).

That's why I play all their guitars' date=' and then order them from an online retailer.

Dear Gibson, please drop Guitar Center. I know that many here will disagree, but in Indianapolis, IN, Sam Ash is MUCH better store and is way more worthy of carrying your products.[/quote']

Oh man I feel your pain. It sounds like the Steve's music store in Toronto Ontario. Try asking a guitar question to one of the 25 seventeen year olds they have working in the store. They are like "ok whatever dude, do you know the words to that Heart song you know du du da da that one?

That store will also tell you that Gibson's are crap and you should buy a fender.

Anyways good luck with your case.

That's why I play all their guitars, and then order them from an online retailer.

FennRx Wrote:

Dear Gibson, please drop Guitar Center. I know that many here will disagree, but in Indianapolis, IN, Sam Ash is MUCH better store and is way more worthy of carrying your products.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1995 Gibson Les Paul Studio

2005 Ovation Celebrity

2006 Gibson SG Standard

2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic

2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard

2007 Fender Highway One Strat

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Limited Edition

Boss ME-50

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I haven't figured out how to reply to a reply, so I just copied FennRx post and pasted it here.

Anyway, GC is just down the road from me, so I end up going there most of the time. Before it opened here about three years ago, I had to drive quite a while if I wanted to go to any big stores. I have learned the hard way that most of the employees aren't any more knowledgable than me. They offer a big selection, good prices and financing. Here are some "facts" that GC employees have told me over the years. I don't bother arguing with them, I just listen politely and make up my mind whether to believe it or not:

*Epiphones and Gibsons are exactly the same other than one is made in Korea and the other USA.

*Studio and Standards are exactly the same except for the binding. No mention of BB's or 490R/498T p/u's.

*I wanted to test some BB's so they brought me a factory LP Custom. These have 490R/498T's!

*A solid, non weight relieved LP weighs 18 lbs!

*When I went to them about the broken case handle, after saying that GC could do nothing, he suggested that I just use a bandana as a handle!

*Epiphones and Gibsons are exactly the same other than one is made in Korea and the other USA.

*Studio and Standards are exactly the same except for the binding. No mention of BB's or 490R/498T p/u's.

*I wanted to test some BB's so they brought me a factory LP Custom. These have 490R/498T's!

*A solid' date=' non weight relieved LP weighs 18 lbs!

*When I went to them about the broken case handle, after saying that GC could do nothing, he suggested that I just use a bandana as a handle!

[/b']

The Epiphone thing I have definitely heard before from the GC people. I actually sat down the other day and picked up an Epi LP Std in order to compare it to the Gibson LP Std I bought in December. IMO...crap. Abolute crap. Plays bad and sounds worse. If you can't tell the difference between a Gibbie and Epi, you need to find a new hobby.

My favorite though is when they told this guy that a Line 6 Spider III is better for professional gigging/recording than any Marshall tube amp. Nothing against Line 6, but wtf?!

They also told me that they could not order the truss rod tool for my Ovation ( I bought freakin' guitar from them!).

My case decided to become possessed one day and change combinations (i'm serious!) i didn't even know you could reprogram the combo and my case changed without anyone touching it !!

As for guitar center i don't really like most of the employees (especially the manager) they are mostly bored teenagers that really don't care about helping you and they aren't real helpful with beginners (i remember when i was one). The manager sold me defective cables which broke my guitar so i had to exchange it.

well i wouldn't mind the punk teens my problem is that these kids don't seem to care much about the gear/ music, are unhelpful, seem very bored, and really don't seem to know much. it's sad that a 13 year old kid that has been playing guitar for about 6 months knows more than 17 year old kids (and some adults) that have been playing much longer. there are some employees at music stores (including gc) that really seem to care and know there stuff. all we need to do is find them! lol

jesse...

Nashville is the guitar capital of the world...

If they dont know their stuff, then no one does!

Heres a little dittie...

I wanted the "Standard" truss rod cover. My LP came with a blank.

The young fella at the music store said Gibson doesnt make them anymore.

I told him yes they do...I saw them online on the Gibson web-site.

After checking his computer and finding out I was right, he ordered me one.

Now if I hadnt have know myself, and took his word that he knew his stuff...I still

would be without my Standard cover.

These guys gotta do their homework. I feel in order to sell guitars, you must

not only be a player, but have a true passion for the instrument as well.

jesse...

Nashville is the guitar capital of the world...

If they dont know their stuff' date=' then no one does!

Heres a little dittie...

I wanted the "Standard" truss rod cover. My LP came with a blank.

The young fella at the music store said Gibson doesnt make them anymore.

I told him yes they do...I saw them online on the Gibson web-site.

After checking his computer and finding out I was right, he ordered me one.

Now if I hadnt have know myself, and took his word that he knew his stuff...I still

would be without my Standard cover.

These guys gotta do their homework. I feel in order to sell guitars, you must

not only be a player, but have a true passion for the instrument as well.[/quote']

AMEN!=D>

Archived