Gibson Brands Forums

Windows 7 audio problems?

sjl200

I got a new Dell XPS studio with an Icore5 blah,blah,blah.... with win 7 64bit OS.

I see all over the net now that problems with DAW's and interfaces exist when trying to record and play back.

I run Cubase AI5 have a Steinberg CI2 interface/sound-card and also a Yamaha KX25 midi controller/sequencer and I can get neither to work in this new OS....( I went to the mfg's site and got 'their Win 7 64 drivers'...)

I'm ready to throw it all out and start over.

Has any one else had problems and more importantly any fixes to ANY audio problems with Win 7 ?

Steinberg/Yamaha are NO help and Dell well forget them.. pointless.

I have latency issues and also the KX is not 'seen' by the system

I have un-installed everything and reinstalled everything . No help

I am a nob when it comes to this stuff but my God why is it so difficult

I'm not sure if any one can help but I just had to vent a little bit thanks

I think I'm go'na dump all this crap and start over with a Mac....

Windows 7 sucks [cursing]

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to figure out the same issue. If I am using my PODxt, it's popping and skipping around and makes it pretty much useless to use this computer as a recording tool. I've read there are some fixes, but haven't found any concrete ones yet. I'll post them here if I find them.

A little more about my setup: Win7 64bit Enterprise edition, PODxt, Reaper recording software, Guitar Pro for tabs.

Well, I downloaded the Win 7 64bit ASIO4ALL, it appears to be running, but didn't work right away. I pointed it to the PODxt, and it didn't help. I rebooted, and magically it fixed the latency issue. I was getting some very bad stuttering in audio playback, either through Win media player and/or Guitar Pro. I work in IT, but I am somewhere below a novice with DAW software.

If you haven't tried the ASIO4ALL, give it a shot. Hope it helps.

Guest BentonC

I think I'm go'na dump all this crap and start over with a Mac....

Windows 7 sucks [cursing]

I think that's a great idea. I switched over to Mac several years ago and haven't looked back since.

Archived