Gibson Brands Forums

What's this all about?

Nick Beach

This seems to be the buzz on other forums. What's the deal? Is this true? If so peace out, I'll see you on the Fender forums.

Here it is folks:

Gibson is producing a new line of Les Paul. This model will be a cheeper version of the studio and will be produced in China, yet it will still carry the Gibson logo. The guitar comes with a usb port, and a genuine Gibson usb wire. Plug the guitar into your computer and you are greeted with a program that contains a dumbed down version of Amplitube, and basic recording/editing fuctions, and a program to help you learn songs, along with a store.

The big 'revolution' is Gibson will have an 'Itunes' like store. Songs will be downloaded as *.gpf files, which is a compsoite of .mp3 and Gibson's new tabulature format. The format makes learning the songs super easy. You can slow down the song, and there will even be videos for some of the most popular songs, which would require an additional purchase. This isn't like learning songs from youtube, or other tab sites. These songs will be accurate as Gibson is working with the Artists when possible, and life long musicians otherwise.

*edit: The price mark for the guitar is going to be $300 - $500. The $500 version will have better electronics, and finish."

This seems to be the buzz on other forums. What's the deal? Is this true? If so peace out, I'll see you on the Fender forums.

*edit: The price mark for the guitar is going to be $300 - $500. The $500 version will have better electronics, and finish."

Can't wait for the $8000 '59 reissue version.

I agree with Riverside, Guitarest and BigKahune; ah, Big Bill, is that High Heal Nike Shoe part of Gibson's big announcement ? A Nike / Gibson high heel sneaker with a built in amp, speaker and high quality chinese digital effects? Perhaps the big announcement is that Gibson is buying Fender and will be raising prices to be more in line with what we can afford, and also that all Strats and Teles will now be chambered to give them a special nuaunce ( think thud ).:unsure: [scared][crying] I saw that Gibson Customer Service posted on this thread...Please don't suspend me, I truly love Gibson and mean no disrespect at all.

Archived