Gibson Guitar Board: KRAMER Striker 211: neck shape and thickness? - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

KRAMER Striker 211: neck shape and thickness?

#1 User is offline   higure 

• Group: Members

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:40 AM

Hi,

I'm considering buying a KRAMER Striker 211 through internet shopping (unfortunately, no reseller nearby).
As I won't be able to try the guitar before I buy it, could anyone tell me a bit more about the neck? What's its shape and thickness (and radius) like?
I used to use Ibanez and feel confortable using thin, flat necks.

Thanks,
Larry

#2 User is offline   RTH 

• €piphonewiki Team
  • LocationEpiphonewiki HQ

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:27 AM

The neck specs are basically the same as any standard Epiphone guitar neck: Thin-tapered neck with a 1.65 nut-width. Not sure of the neck shape of fingerboard radius. But I would suspect that the FB is fairly flat, as to accomodate hard rock/metal style music.

I have a 1999 Striker 422SM and I absolutely love the neck. It feels meaty, but not thick or bulky. It also has a high quality feel to it. Sorry, thats about all I know.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   metalmania408 

• LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:49 AM

higure, on 10 November 2010 - 12:40 AM, said:

Hi,

I'm considering buying a KRAMER Striker 211 through internet shopping (unfortunately, no reseller nearby).
As I won't be able to try the guitar before I buy it, could anyone tell me a bit more about the neck? What's its shape and thickness (and radius) like?
I used to use Ibanez and feel confortable using thin, flat necks.

Thanks,
Larry

Not sure if you've already picked this up yet, but I just got mine a few days ago. To me, the neck shape and thickness on this is similar to a Jackson neck (i have a dk2m and JS32T Warrior). I would say a flat D-ish shape. (Not sure if you've gotten your hands on any Jackson.)

It also seems a bit slimmer (from low E - to high E) than my Jacksons. It feels super comfortable to me.

Here are a few pics that may give you a little bit of an idea...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users