Gibson Brands Forums

KRAMER Striker 211: neck shape and thickness?

higure

Hi,

I'm considering buying a KRAMER Striker 211 through internet shopping (unfortunately, no reseller nearby).

As I won't be able to try the guitar before I buy it, could anyone tell me a bit more about the neck? What's its shape and thickness (and radius) like?

I used to use Ibanez and feel confortable using thin, flat necks.

Thanks,

Larry

The neck specs are basically the same as any standard Epiphone guitar neck: Thin-tapered neck with a 1.65 nut-width. Not sure of the neck shape of fingerboard radius. But I would suspect that the FB is fairly flat, as to accomodate hard rock/metal style music.

I have a 1999 Striker 422SM and I absolutely love the neck. It feels meaty, but not thick or bulky. It also has a high quality feel to it. Sorry, thats about all I know.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm considering buying a KRAMER Striker 211 through internet shopping (unfortunately, no reseller nearby).

As I won't be able to try the guitar before I buy it, could anyone tell me a bit more about the neck? What's its shape and thickness (and radius) like?

I used to use Ibanez and feel confortable using thin, flat necks.

Thanks,

Larry

Not sure if you've already picked this up yet, but I just got mine a few days ago. To me, the neck shape and thickness on this is similar to a Jackson neck (i have a dk2m and JS32T Warrior). I would say a flat D-ish shape. (Not sure if you've gotten your hands on any Jackson.)

It also seems a bit slimmer (from low E - to high E) than my Jacksons. It feels super comfortable to me.

Here are a few pics that may give you a little bit of an idea...

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

Archived