Gibson Brands Forums

ES345 historic collection ?

aeiouy

we have made Historic 345s in the past' date=' but we do not at this time. the only 345 available currently is the non-Historic 345 from our Memphis division.[/quote']

I picked up a new Historic 345 in 2000, a fantastic guitar. I bought it to replace my aging and tired 335 that I had nearly played into submission, but wasn't sure how I would like the new (although "Historic") 345 compared to my old 335. I picked it up the afternoon of a gig, took it home and did a quick set-up and string change, and took both guitars to the gig, just in case. After the first set I decided to sell my old 335.

The Historic 345's are great guitars, and they pop up for sale now and then. Keep an eye out at the usual internet sites. The easiest way to tell the difference between and original or "Historic" 345 is the location of the output jack. The originals and the "Historic" model has the jack mounted on the top with the rest of the controls. The Memphis production models have the jack (or jacks, stereo and mono), mounted on the rim.

Happy hunting

Archived