Gibson Brands Forums

Jet City JCA2112RC 20 watt Tone

bluesguitar65

Been playing this great amp for a week now and it rocks. It really suites more for classic rock and 80s metal kinda tone IMHO. It takes pedals really well, but I prefer playing it straight. It also compliments my 50s tribute les paul with P90s. Is it worth $299 for an all tube, soldano designed amp?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5pJXfftnBE

Yup Bluesman, got me one as well...love it....Cabba's got one as well....I'm gonna have Jet City send me a replacement blue bulb thingee in anticipation of mine going out !!! Great amp, great price.....A bit 'light' in headroom clean at low volumes....I'm getting a Bulgera V5 combo next; a tiny monster...

Getting more and more tempted by this one. A bit concerned about the clean headroom but it sounds fine for my needs.

Thanks for the posting this thread Bluesguitar65.

Please keep in mind that Epiphone amp you were/are considering; it's features are much more suited for your needs, and is built for gigging.....This Jet City has not been around long enough to have been road tested.....See the other threads on this amp for more info.......Just a thought.......I wouldn't trust this amp as a main giging amp....yet.. See the thread Am I Being Nit Picky? by Cabba2203.

The JCA2112RC is a stout built amp. The power light issue was due to a run of bad solder points but has been resolved.

I don't gig with this amp, but I have been using it religiously for everything else and it has never quit.

I've had Marshalls with flickering and winked out power lights - it's nothing that effects the reliability or sound of the amp. My tolex issue was cosmetic, again, nothing that effected the tone or playability of the amp.

Jet City's support is 101% top notch and responds quickly to any problems. I don't believe anyone would have to worry about choosing this combo as their gigging amp. They sound great! I love this amp and plan to buy a JCA100 HDM head to backup my MESA Mark IV. I have nothing but good things to say about Jet City's tone and quality.

Please keep in mind that Epiphone amp you were/are considering; it's features are much more suited for your needs, and is built for gigging.....This Jet City has not been around long enough to have been road tested.....See the other threads on this amp for more info.......Just a thought.......I wouldn't trust this amp as a main giging amp....yet.. See the thread Am I Being Nit Picky? by Cabba2203.

Thanks for the thought damien. Looks like Jet City are doing all they can to fix the light issue

I currently have an Epi Valve Special. 5W. Great sound from the amp but the digital effects are not so good. I've found the amp just isn't loud enough even for a small pub gig. Had everything on 10 and it was barely loud enough to be heard over 2 acoustics. If it was say 15W, I'd keep it.

The other combos I am considering are the Peavey Windsor, Fender BJ and the Laney 20W.

Sweet video!

Have the head version (JCA20H) running through a Marshall Haze 1x12 cab I picked up on the cheap. Thinking of buying an Avatar 1x12 or 2x12 (full of Celestion Vintage 30 or Hellatone 60 goodness) for another option. Sounds damn good even through the "Made in India" Marshall Haze cab though.

Seriously considering checking out the 100W head mentioned earlier (and in the "Am I Being Nitpicky?" thread) to gig with. Still exploring the options, as there are a lot of tempting ones, but if the lead channel on that head is the SLO lead, it might be the way I go.

Great amps for the price, and, as cabba can attest, great customer service.

(Man, I'm starting to feel like a JetCity fan boy on this forum, since I only seem to have anything to say on threads about their stuff.)

Geez Louise, that's some good playing man. I'm stoked on the head version of that amp. I'm really thinking about picking one up. Thanks for posting the vid.

The Head version is great, but lacks the reverb and costs more ( [confused] ) .....Their Pico head is 'killer' as well....We live in an age where tube amps rule again and are better than ever.......but to go affordable we gotta go 'foreign made.' " London" and " 65 " amps come to mind when money is not a factor...[thumbup]

The Head version is great, but lacks the reverb and costs more ( [confused] ) .....Their Pico head is 'killer' as well....We live in an age where tube amps rule again and are better than ever.......but to go affordable we gotta go 'foreign made.' " London" and " 65 " amps come to mind when money is not a factor...[thumbup]

The head version is also the same price now, $299.

Check out this video.... this is by far the best demo on this amp on youtube.

That amp sounds HUGE!! Very nice!

Yup, playing a real Gibson too !!! Wood, four knobs, one switch, two gibby pickups, what we love, real gibbies !!!!!!!!! Love that new Nighthawk !!!!!! Sweeeeeeet !!!!!!!!!! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

• 1 month later...

I guess Joe Perry finds these amps amazing as well. He used them on stage at the NFL Pre-Game show last week. Joe Perry is using a 20 watt JCA20H, the head version of the JCA2112RC 20 watt combo.

joeperry.jpg

Yoube clip.

Man, Juliette Lewis is a much better singer than actress. She looks good in those pants too! [thumbup]

Archived