Gibson Brands Forums

Lifeson ES 355

Wondo

I have seen NAMM pictures of the Lifeson ES 355 and there appears to be a problem with the Maestro tremelo arm.

From these pictures, the arm seems too long and not angled properly.

PICT1221.jpg

Looking at Lifeosn's guitar it seems the tremelo arm is angled more and thus fits snug against the body of the guitar. First a pic from when Alex first got the guitar and then more recent:

Alex3.jpg

849692958_bd316c2617.jpg

Can anyone provide any information about this. I am hoping to give the heads up before these go into production at the Custom Shop with an incorrect arm.

That is a preeetee geetar. I'm not even familar with this guitar but it looks almost as though the handle was put on the guitar upside down. Is it even possible that could be done. I don't know how it mounts to the vibrato device. How much do you think this guitar will go for anyway? Is it mono or stereo model?

That is a preeetee geetar. I'm not even familar with this guitar but it looks almost as though the handle was put on the guitar upside down. Is it even possible that could be done. I don't know how it mounts to the vibrato device. How much do you think this guitar will go for anyway. Is this guitar a mono or stereo model.

No, it is not installed upside down. If you look at the handle, you can see it is in the correct position. The problem with the arm of the Lifeson and is that the arm does not have the correct angle to it and thus the arm is longer than usual and sits higher than usual as well thus making getting the case closed a difficult task. I was hoping to have the Custom Shop look into this before they start producing these. I have more pics that I will post soon. As far as I know, this is a mono guitar. It is supposed to be based on Lifeson's original which was converted to mono and had a bypass switch added to either have the Varitone in line or out of line. They seem to have gotten everything right except the trem arm.

Suggested Retail is going for over $4k. However, contact a dealer, and you will get the street price. Call Saul at Center City Music ccitymusic.com. He can hook you up. Oh, don't forget you might need to add $35.00 so you can get the correct after market trem arm#-o Gibson customer service admitted that the arm is different than the 70's ES 355 but that it will still work - I think that is missing the point entirely.

Archived