Gibson Brands Forums

Need advice on a used Robert Johnson

onewilyfool

onewily........

Now a Robert Johnson Sig ????

You are just incorrigible !!!! Please onewily.....the first step is admitting you have a problem.

node

PS ..... I sent the guy at Republic Resonators an email.....inquiring about the cool little Reso Parlors ........YOU BASARD !!!!

Node I said I was "considering" getting one....lol....I notice that you don't have ALL your guitars listed on your post....lol....AND I am also in contact with that guy....lol.....my only hope is that he does NOT reply....lol

Bad news for you Wily! Frank over at Republic has responded to my emails so I would assume he also replied to yours.

I think I may drop the hammer on one of these little Reso-parlors. So far Frank has be responsive and flexible with my requests. I am considering theSteel Body Polished Nickel Lightly Sandblasted Resolian Parlor with the star and moon cover and a pick up installed.

Anyone had any experience with any of the Republic Resonator Guitars? I would love to hear the good and the bad before I call him with my credit card info!

Stephen

Node I said I was "considering" getting one....lol....I notice that you don't have ALL your guitars listed on your post....lol....AND I am also in contact with that guy....lol.....my only hope is that he does NOT reply....lol

Wily

I am going to let you do me a big favour

Please talk me out of "considering" one?

In return I will do you a big favour

I will talk you out of "considering" one!

Deal??

scroll down a tad

No I thought not

You going to get a natural or 'burst?

bet you get there before me, I have it in mind to pick one up at next years homecoming!

John T....I would LOVE for you to talk me out of it....lol.....but would I listen. Those are nice guitars....tempting....Please help....lol

Node: let me know what kind of price he quotes you....he has just responded with list price, telling me he needs to recoup his startup costs, before he discounts.....oh hum.....let me know...

John T....I would LOVE for you to talk me out of it....lol.....but would I listen. Those are nice guitars....tempting....Please help....lol

Node: let me know what kind of price he quotes you....he has just responded with list price, telling me he needs to recoup his startup costs, before he discounts.....oh hum.....let me know...

No way mate!

As you say you won't listen anymore than I would!

I had my heart set on a J300 but now I think it has to be an RJ.

My problem is that I really should have bought that natural one that was on the forum a month or so ago but I just didn't have the cash!

So my strategy is

a) the watch your buying process and suitably drool over the pics which you will eventually post

b)Order one (natural) from Music Villa in Bozeman to be collected at next year's homecoming. Maybe I can get Ren or one of the other legends from Gibson to "present it" to me. That way it might look as if I'd earnt it! LOL

Best of luck with your search!

John

JohnT wrote:

b)Order one (natural) from Music Villa in Bozeman to be collected at next year's homecoming. Maybe I can get Ren or one of the other legends from Gibson to "present it" to me. That way it might look as if I'd earnt it! LOL

John.....lol.....you know the mind can almost ratioanlize anything.....your quote above is the SEED of GAS....lol....this is where the door creaks open....By the way.....good idea!!!

JohnT wrote:

John.....lol.....you know the mind can almost ratioanlize anything.....your quote above is the SEED of GAS....lol....this is where the door creaks open....By the way.....good idea!!!

maybe' date=' just maybe one of you guys will win one at homecoming![/quote']

Apart from my wife, the last thin I won was a goldfish on a stall at a fair where if you threw a ping pong ball into a jar then they gave you a fish.

The little bas**** died the next day!

johnt...you didn't WIN your wife....only her HEART....lol.....keep playing them guits!!

Shame on you wily that was nearly "Politically correct" and that would be a terrible terrible thing for a forum member!

Bought the RJ yet? you posted up 6 days ago it must be sitting in your house by now?

John T......I have recently sold a Goodall GC, which was an Amazing guitar, just not the guitar for my style of playing. I am sitting on the funds (and you KNOW it is burning a hole in my pocket...lol) I am considering that RJ, and also a ES 335, so I am in a quandry.....lol......BUT I am trying to be patient, and make the right choice.....God knows I dont' want to have too many guitars.......but thanks for the moral support....whatever I get, I will post pics.....thanks again for all the help...wily

John T......I have recently sold a Goodall GC' date=' which was an Amazing guitar, just not the guitar for my style of playing. I am sitting on the funds (and you KNOW it is burning a hole in my pocket...lol) I am considering that RJ, and also a ES 335, so I am in a quandry.....lol......BUT I am trying to be patient, and make the right choice.....God knows I dont' want to have too many guitars.......but thanks for the moral support....whatever I get, I will post pics.....thanks again for all the help...wily[/quote']

As I said yesterday "in another place" BUY THE 335!

I am sure that the decision will become clearer as you ponder!

BR

J

Archived