Gibson Brands Forums

SG Robot Broken Tuner

corrmon

Hello,

I really hope you can help me, I bought on eBay a brand new Purple SG Robot Guitar, when the store shipped the guitar it was held in customs for the weekend, where some FedEx moron opened it and busted a tuner, string included (e string) the idiot couldn't even clean his hands before touching my guitar he even left some sort of candy in one of the tuning pegs.

I replaced the broken string to check that the tuner would work (I already own a Dark Fire so I know how) but one of the things that caught my attention was that the peg was disengaged and when I pushed it in it kept "popping" out, it was very loose, you can turn it very easy with your finger and it didn't move when tuned, after I was able to replace the string it seem to work normally even when I tried different tunings the string is tuned as normal, but when I plug the guitar all I hear is a loud buzz and no sound, like its making contact with something but I don't know what it is.

I called the store and they will send me a spare tuner so I could change it, but I don't know how to and I'm afraid that there could be more damage beyond the tuner.

I'm in Mexico so I really don't trust just anyone to "handle" my guitar and I don't know any technician who could be able to change the tuner, the guy from the store said that perhaps I could change it myself but I don't feel capable to do it.

So I'm asking, is it easy to change the tuner? or should I send it to Gibson for repair?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

-Monica

Oh my... I'm in a country with no decent guitar tech service (let alone one that can handle a robot) and since getting my robot I live in fear of this happening. [crying]

I sincerely hope your guitar gets fixed and you can enjoy her again soon. [thumbup]

Y saludos desde Ecuador! [thumbup]

• 1 year later...

Archived