Gibson Brands Forums

What would I see?

Gibson CS

If I could pry apart ( I wont ) my Burstbucker Pros, would there be

2 single coil pups side by side ala classic humbucker look?....You know, the 2 bobbins with the pole peices jutting out?

Or do these style of pickup look different if examined?

The only things that might look different would be minor things like tooling marks, colour of coating on the coil wire, wire size, wrapping tape, but they remain the same basic construction. Two side by side coils, one has slugs, the other has the screws (adjustable pieces), they attach to a common plate that has the legs that the pickup height attach to. Black is the most common colour of the bobbins. This site has a lot of info including pictures of pickups taken apart. http://www.provide.net/~cfh/paf.html

The reason Gibson does not do double whites is because DiMarzio has them trademarked. This is an excerpt from the US Gov. trademark site.

DiMarzio holds a trademark for "...the double design representation of an electronic sound pickup for guitars... WHICH RESEMBLES THE DISTINCTIVE SHADE OF CREAM."

Thanks Raptor...

Thats interesting about DiMarzio. They have the hold on cream coloured pups!

If I had to choose open coils, it would be the Zebra style. I always liked that look.

I always wanted Marc Bolans Gibson.

Archived