Gibson Brands Forums

Questions about 92 Les Paul Studio

Andy R

Just wondering. Were all of the 1992 Les Paul Studios "Lite" or were there any solid bodies? Also did any come stock with a pick-gaurd or is that always an after purchase bolt on?

Thanks for the help.

Andy

In 1992 the "normal" Les Paul Studio was introduced, with solid mahogany body back (though weight relieved= swiss cheese holes) and carved maple top.

Its weight in comparison with the Studio Lite: difficult to tell, as each guitar can weigh differently.

Really? 39 Views and not one reply? Maybe I should go ask at the fender forum? [biggrin] Come on Gibson guys!

Are Gibson forumists "voyeurs"? Do we prefer watching to doing? Maybe for a new thread [scared]

No, don't worry, you will find the folks to be responsive and communicative round here!

In 1992 the "normal" Les Paul Studio was introduced, with solid mahogany body back (though weight relieved= swiss cheese holes) and carved maple top.

Its weight in comparison with the Studio Lite: difficult to tell, as each guitar can weigh differently.

When did Gibson start weight relieving it's Studio range, as I have a 91 Studio that is not weight relieved. It is far heavier than my other Les Pauls.

Archived