Gibson Brands Forums

How to purchase a Custom ?

Always_Black

I have absolutely no idea how to go about this. So, I ask my faithful friends. I would like to get pricing and, hopefully order, a custom Gibson.

Since the question will be asked......it would be a J-45, completely black, an ebony fretboard, ebony bridge, and custom inlays (have not decided)......

Sounds sweet. That shouldn't be very expensive. Of course that will depend on what the custom inlays are.

a few years ago Gibson re-released the 1960's era J-45 with an adjustable bridge in either all cherry or all black finishes. I believe they were mostly sent to the Japanese market.

out of the 3962 google image results, i found 2 black '45s. both with white pickguards (scratchplates-for our 'cross the pond boyz). one was a screw on. yeech. i think they might look nicer w/o the guard or with a black or clear one, but that's just me. one guy had a pic of one w/o the guard but it wasn't loaded/coded properly. it may be no coincidence that the user's name was "hash goblin".

black45-1.jpg

black45.jpg

I have absolutely no idea how to go about this. So' date=' I ask my faithful friends. I would like to get pricing and, hopefully order, a custom Gibson.

Since the question will be asked......it would be a J-45, completely black, an ebony fretboard, ebony bridge, and custom inlays (have not decided)......

[/quote']

there's a black '68 J45 on g-base right now. they're asking 5500.00.

HOLY SHIIIIITE !

You will not believe the incredible surprise I received today.......no, I did not get the guitar......YET !

But, my beautiful, incredible, loving, and spectacular fiance showed me the receipt for the order. Yep. She ordered the guitar....get this, a full month before I even started this thread. How did she know? She's been listening.

Here is what she ordered (all on her own....and she knows nothing, absolutely nothing about guitars):

Custom Shop J-45, Ebony Finish, Ebony Fretboard, Ebony Bridge, White binding (neck and body), Abolone Rosette, and cusom inlays (diamonds from the AJ), and custom diamond inlay headstock, black pickguard.

If you ask me, I think she did an incredible job putting the order together ! ! ! ! ! ! It should certainly be one of a kind.

It should arrive somewhere around end of October. I will certainly post pics !

Archived