Gibson Brands Forums

FS: 1993 Gibson L1CM (custom maple) 29 of 31

TM

Here is something you don’t see everyday, in fact I have only seen two others one sunburst in Iceland and another Blonde.

This is a 1993 L1CM (custom maple). A special guitar of the Month from that year. Refer to page 146 in the Fabulous Flat Tops book.

This is a beautiful custom limited edition Bozeman guitar. The guitar has fancy maple back and sides with a multipiece neck also in maple. Ebony fingerboard with Nick Lucas inlays and ebony pyramid bridge. The Gibson and Flowerpot in pearl on the headstock. It has one ding on the top, which I did not do. I allow others to play my guitars sometimes when I’m not home! Comes in the original brown HSC with pink lining. There is a little stain in the case, nothing serious. Also has the original brass truss rod cover, suitable for engraving. I believe they came with both covers. The case lock combination is also included.

Sound: I owned a 91 mahogany L1 and this is a much nicer guitar in looks, materials and sound. The builders put something a little extra in these. It has a maple punch like playing a small arch top. Very clear and cutting. Excellent for single note work and jazz style playing. Very snappy for finger style work. A small guitar but very versatile and chances are you won’t see another anytime soon.

There are Bozeman collectibles and this is one of them.

Priced at $2200 plus shipping.

Follow this link to my webpage for more pics. Email me at tmitchell59@comcast.net for more information and photos.

If you would prefer a vintage 1928 L1 I will be offering a pristine one for $4500. I don’t have pictures of it yet.

Thanks, Terry

webpage

Nick%20lucas%20pics%20016.jpg

Nick%20lucas%20pics%20009.jpg

Terry, where are you located?

Yes, it is a very nice unique guitar that would go well with your L20. A different look, different sound. The L1CM can get a real old timey sound. Your post about the RJ L1 got me to post this. If people are looking at an L1 they really should consider this. Although there is not a defined market for Bozeman collectibles I think it will take shape over the next few years as the Vintage Gibsons get more and more out of reach. Guitars like your L20, built in limited numbers are in that category. If you look at the 93 series there is a black Robert Johnson L1. I have seen one for sale but did not even make an effort to buy it, just didn't look good, rather dull and I like black guitars.

I think this guitar is a much better deal than a RJ sig., but that is the opinion of a seller.

Write me, I'll make you deal if you want it.

I live in Illinois.

Thanks, Terry

To answer a couple of questions:

Nut width: 1 11/16, this seems pretty standard Gibson width from what I read here.

Scale length: Gibson standard 24 3/4

Body Depth: Although I do not have those measurements it does not have the body depth of a Nick Lucas the more traditional L00, L1 depth.

Wow!!

This get's Hoss's Old Timey heart a-thumping!!!

Very sweet looking guitar, Terry. (and Maple is my favorite!) I'd love to pick/hear this little fella.

Hoss, I forgot this is a favorite combination of yours. Flat picked this guitar can produce a very nice punchy old timey sound. The maple really gives it a punch and volume. People who play it are surprised at the volume. The more I talk about this guitar the less I want to sell it!

I'd be glad to send this out to you Hoss.

Thanks, Terry

Actually Gibson standard is shade wider - 1 23/32, which is likely what yours is.

Martins are most likely to be 1 11/16.

Thanks, I don't have the best eyes or most accurate measuring instruments!

Terry

TM....I emailed you for a "good deal" quote and never heard back from you.....has the guitar sold? Thanks

one, I didn't get your email, please send it again. tmitchell59@comcast.net

Thanks, Terry

Archived