Gibson Brands Forums

problems with a J45 Modern Classic

Cano

I´ve had some feed-back problems with my modern classic j45 Acoustic and I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same.I noticed that the volume control has to be almost fully opened so the tech staff can receive my acoustic´s signal but if I do so there´s an annoying feedback sound all over the stage.I play folk music and as we´re 7 in the band we use to have very powerful monitor sound. It´s equipped with active electronics with sound hole mounted volume control. Should I change it for another with a different pickup?Any help?

use a soundhole cover for live. you'll lose tone but in a large band that may be imperceptable. if you were playing solo, i would say lower your preamp volume and use an external mic to capture the guitar's true sound. alot of players still swear by the sm-57/58.

Thanks a lot.I've foun a feedback Master from L.R Baggs that could eliminate fue problem without altering the sound.The thing is that the J45 comes with the most simple L.R. Baggs transducer(element active system) so using the Feedback Master you add notch control.Let's see what happens.

Archived