Gibson Guitar Board: Your Acoustical Performances!!! - Gibson Guitar Board

• (52 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your Acoustical Performances!!! Strut your stuff here!!!

#41 User is offline   MR GIBS 

• MisterGibs
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria, East Europe

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

View PostDanvillRob, on 03 January 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

Yes, but some of us (you) can actually sing!

You can sing well too, my friend and I liked much your performance.
The mismatch of the video and the audio of what you published is boring, but I still can hear this wonderful "Doves in flight" sound!!!
Cheers, mate!
MR GIBS - Gibson Acoustic SJ 200 Custom Elite born on 06.02.2007 in Bozeman Montana USA - K&K Trinity Mini System installed inside
BILLY JOE - Gibson Acoustic J180 Custom Billie Joe Armstrong JAENH1 born on 18.11.2013 in Boseman Montana USA - Fishman VT pickup
COBRA/VIPER - Gibson Acoustic J45 Cobra Burst Limited Run of 75, born on 31.10.2013 in Bozeman Montana USA
MRS SUNNY GIBS - Gibson Acoustic J 35 born on 20.03.2013 in Bozeman, Montana USA -
K&K Trinity Mini System installed inside
...and a lot of non Gibson gear... including
MR GUILD -
Guild Acoustic D 55 born on 13.11.2013 in New Hartford, Connecticut USA - K&K Trinity Mini System installed inside
MRS ROZIE - 12 string Guild Acoustic F-412 born on 10.12.2013 in New Hartford, Connecticut USA - D Tar pickup inside
OLD CHRISTOPHER - Martin HD-28 - born in Nazareth, Pensilvania in 1990 - K&K Triniti Mini System installed inside
ANGELIA - Zemaitis ZAJ 200 - born somewhere in China God only knows when in 20166
ANGEL - PRS Angelus SE - born somewhere in Southern Korea God knows when, Ghost Graph Tech modular system inside for Roland G55

#42 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

View PostMR GIBS, on 03 January 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

You can sing well too, my friend and I liked much your performance.
The mismatch of the video and the audio of what you published is boring, but I still can hear this wonderful "Doves in flight" sound!!!
Cheers, mate!

Yeah...I'm working on that.... just got the recorder, and it's perfectly synced on my computer, but not on Photobucket.

I don't feel comfortable enough yet to post on YouTube.

The DIF is sweet.... I've really come to enjoy playin' it....but I only wear sweatshirt clothes when playing...don't want to scratch it!

#43 User is offline   MR GIBS 

• MisterGibs
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria, East Europe

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

View PostDanvillRob, on 03 January 2011 - 11:17 AM, said:

....but I only wear sweatshirt clothes when playing...don't want to scratch it!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
MR GIBS - Gibson Acoustic SJ 200 Custom Elite born on 06.02.2007 in Bozeman Montana USA - K&K Trinity Mini System installed inside
BILLY JOE - Gibson Acoustic J180 Custom Billie Joe Armstrong JAENH1 born on 18.11.2013 in Boseman Montana USA - Fishman VT pickup
COBRA/VIPER - Gibson Acoustic J45 Cobra Burst Limited Run of 75, born on 31.10.2013 in Bozeman Montana USA
MRS SUNNY GIBS - Gibson Acoustic J 35 born on 20.03.2013 in Bozeman, Montana USA -
K&K Trinity Mini System installed inside
...and a lot of non Gibson gear... including
MR GUILD -
Guild Acoustic D 55 born on 13.11.2013 in New Hartford, Connecticut USA - K&K Trinity Mini System installed inside
MRS ROZIE - 12 string Guild Acoustic F-412 born on 10.12.2013 in New Hartford, Connecticut USA - D Tar pickup inside
OLD CHRISTOPHER - Martin HD-28 - born in Nazareth, Pensilvania in 1990 - K&K Triniti Mini System installed inside
ANGELIA - Zemaitis ZAJ 200 - born somewhere in China God only knows when in 20166
ANGEL - PRS Angelus SE - born somewhere in Southern Korea God knows when, Ghost Graph Tech modular system inside for Roland G55

#44 User is offline   E-minor7 

• Winger

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

View PostDanvillRob, on 30 December 2010 - 01:58 PM, said:

wouldn't have posted this but jumped at the chance to be the first one on this thread!

I was tryin' to figure out the recorder Santa brought me!

My link

Dear danvillrob - You have yourself a smooth laidback swing there, good to hear that and impressing guitar too. When you and I first met, I kept givin' you headache with my chatting away 'bout the roaring 60's, remember. Well we managed and found truce, didn't we. After all I'm just a huge lover of the periode.

Now the other day while making a brief jump to the Lounge, I came across some post from your hand and could hardly believe what I saw. Please answer me, is this a mirage or something taken out of real life memory ?? If this list turns out to be the real thing, could I ask you to boil up a story or three from Buffalo S., Byrds and not least the mighty Love. I met Mister Lee in 05 and we exchanged a few words, but to hear some lines from back then, would be nothing less than terrific.

Performed with:

TheTurtles
The Vejtables
The Mojo Men
Paul Revere & TheRaiders
The
Leaves
Love
TheByrds
The Animals
The Who
The Yardbirds
THEM
JaniceJoplin
Buffalo Springfield
Chuck Berry

Manymore I can't recall, (damn 60's)

In case it should be needed, I throw in a couple of tabs. Posted Image

You just can't keep coincidences down. .
Posted Image

#45 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

View PostE-minor7, on 03 January 2011 - 10:34 PM, said:

Dear danvillrob - You have yourself a smooth laidback swing there, good to hear that and impressing guitar too. When you and I first met, I kept givin' you headache with my chatting away 'bout the roaring 60's, remember. Well we managed and found truce, didn't we. After all I'm just a huge lover of the periode.

Now the other day while making a brief jump to the Lounge, I came across some post from your hand and could hardly believe what I saw. Please answer me, is this a mirage or something taken out of real life memory ?? If this list turns out to be the real thing, could I ask you to boil up a story or three from Buffalo S., Byrds and not least the mighty Love. I met Mister Lee in 05 and we exchanged a few words, but to hear some lines from back then, would be nothing less than terrific.

Performed with:

TheTurtles
The Vejtables
The Mojo Men
Paul Revere & TheRaiders
The
Leaves
Love
TheByrds
The Animals
The Who
The Yardbirds
THEM
JaniceJoplin
Buffalo Springfield
Chuck Berry

Manymore I can't recall, (damn 60's)

In case it should be needed, I throw in a couple of tabs. Posted Image

The list is definately real. There are many more "big names" I've worked with, but I just can't think of them off the top of my head, (I forgot Chuck Berry until he was mistakenly thought to have died).

I'm busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest today, so I'll post some stories when I get a chance, but here's something you can read if you like:

Interview with our manager:
My link

#46 User is offline   E-minor7 

• Winger

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

View PostDanvillRob, on 04 January 2011 - 12:57 PM, said:

The list is definately real.
Interview with our manager:
My link

How thrilling to get insight to your version of the wild wave back then.You guys definitely stood in zenith. The 'so close to Candlestick Park' incident must have been almost impossible to bear, , , uuaaakk ! Still the adventure raged on and the drama connected to the hair vs. school tells it all. That hair thing - nothing less than a banner, a weapon meant to gain and defend freedom - was just as important as the music. Though just a 7-8-9 year old kid, I remember fighting for every half inch down the forehead myself, and how it became necessary to wear some mad hat all New Years Eve after one X-mas when the scissors ended up winning the battle. Can't believe young people of today realize how serious this appeared to be - to be frank it was the state before life and death. So of course was the outfit and electrified beat.
Look forward to a little back-stage anecdote or 2.

You just can't keep coincidences down. .
Posted Image

#47 User is offline   nodehopper 

• Hack Player Extraordinaire
  • LocationForesthill

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

Well...I feel like a hack in amongst you pros here.....

Stephen ...... "Ain't no more potatoes, the frost have killed the vine ......
Well, the blues ain't nothin' but a good woman on your mind" MJH

Gibson CJ-165 --- Gibson J-35 --- Martin Ditson 111 --- John How - LBC

Martin 000-15S --- Martin 000-28EC --- Gibson LP Studio Premium Plus --- Danelectro U2

#48 User is offline   Duende 

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:52 AM

View PostDanvillRob, on 04 January 2011 - 12:57 PM, said:

I'm busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest today, so I'll post some stories when I get a chance, but here's something you can read if you like:

LMAO

#49 User is offline   AnneS 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

View Postnodehopper, on 05 January 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

I enjoyed this--thanks!
Gibson 2000 J-100XT
Gibson 1964 LG-1
Gibson 2014 J-45 Elite Custom
Ibanez PN1 Parlor

"He woulda taken the other road, but he didn't think the lake was that deep." JPrine

http://soundcloud.com/anne-rachel

#50 User is offline   AnneS 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

View PostDanvillRob, on 01 January 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

Anne, I changed the link, but I'll have to investigate converting from MP4 to MP3. As I said, I got the recorder for Christmas, and I'm still playin' with it.

If/when I get something I feel worthy of posting on YouTube, I will.

The link worked..yay! I enjoyed this alot.

As for being "worthy" of posting on YouTube...First, even if there were YouTube standards out there, you'd have nothing to worry about. Second, a person can create an "unlisted" link, where you can share the link, as can people you share it with, but the vid isn't otherwise public. I kinda like that option, myself.

But I like your photobucket site, too, and will check it out from time to time...so keep 'em coming. [thumbup]
Gibson 2000 J-100XT
Gibson 1964 LG-1
Ibanez PN1 Parlor

"He woulda taken the other road, but he didn't think the lake was that deep." JPrine

#51 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

[quote name='E-minor7' timestamp='1294193888' post='828591']

How thrilling to get insight to your version of the wild wave back then.You guys definitely stood in zenith. The 'so close to Candlestick Park' incident must have been almost impossible to bear, , , uuaaakk ! Still the adventure raged on and the drama connected to the hair vs. school tells it all. That hair thing - nothing less than a banner, a weapon meant to gain and defend freedom - was just as important as the music. Though just a 7-8-9 year old kid, I remember fighting for every half inch down the forehead myself, and how it became necessary to wear some mad hat all New Years Eve after one X-mas when the scissors ended up winning the battle. Can't believe young people of today realize how serious this appeared to be - to be frank it was the state before life and death. So of course was the outfit and electrified beat.
Look forward to a little back-stage anecdote or 2.

[quote]

We were excited about being asked to open for the Beatles at Candlestick Park, but we didn't know it was going to be The Beatle's last tour date at the time, (we would have been a trivia answer!). We were given tickets to the concert, and we all went. The Army Band from The Presidio opened with the National Anthem, (they were the Local 6 band the Musician's Union demanded), and I don't recall the order, but Procal Harem, Hollies, and Cyrkle, (understand...my mind wasn't stellar back then), and of course the Beatles. There was an armored car parked in front of the stage, and we all thought The Beatles were in it...but they came out from the dugout. When they finished, the Fab Four got in the armored car and were driven out of Candlestick.

#52 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

Maybe you can change "pros" to "has-beens"!

#53 User is offline   DanvillRob 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationDanville, CA

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

View PostAnneS, on 06 January 2011 - 11:59 AM, said:

The link worked..yay! I enjoyed this alot.

As for being "worthy" of posting on YouTube...First, even if there were YouTube standards out there, you'd have nothing to worry about. Second, a person can create an "unlisted" link, where you can share the link, as can people you share it with, but the vid isn't otherwise public. I kinda like that option, myself.

But I like your photobucket site, too, and will check it out from time to time...so keep 'em coming. [thumbup]

That's very nice of you to say, Anne. I'll continue to figure out the recorder I have, and will work at getting some stuff uploaded. I enjoy recording the stuff, and I've never let not being able to sing well, stop me from singing!

But, there's nothing like recording to MAKE you clean up your songs!

#54 User is offline   onewilyfool 

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

Stephen.....great work......and I'm glad you are BACK!!! from the injury.......keep pluckin' my friend....

"The sole of my shoes is thin, and I'll soon be on my feet again" Lonnie Johnson

#55 User is offline   AnneS 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

Okay, so here's a link to a flash-based player that contains a slew of songs I've written, all save one within the last 18 months. I can't explain the recent out-put, and it's not a little confusing to me, like "Where has this been all my life, and what the heck is it for??"

http://www.ilike.com...Anne%252BRachel

After much trepidation, I decided to post this, in part because I don't know what else to do with these except to invite people to try 'em out and in part because I've so thoroughly enjoyed all the performances posted in this thread. Lovers of guitars know the impulse to "make music," whether it's working up a personal take on an old song or listening closely as a brand new one arrives, quite literally, in your lap. (Something about that guitar, tucked up and humming against a body like that...)

Anyway, this seems like a good place to take a chance like this.

So, it's not the peformance aspect that I'm wanting to highligh here--far from it. In fact, more than half of these are the first-take recordings--the ones I made so I wouldn't forget the song the next day. (A couple sport an extra track or two, but even those are..well, "homemade," shall we say? [scared] ) At best I'm an acquired taste, I know, and my playing is barely (but supremely) adequate. But I hope my 45+ years of loving and needing to play the guitar is the best secret ingredient of all...

Poke around if you have time on your hands (but remember, you can never get the time back! [tongue] ), and thanks for the use of the hall.

Anne
Gibson 2000 J-100XT
Gibson 1964 LG-1
Ibanez PN1 Parlor

#56 User is offline   Duende 

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

-

#57 User is offline   AnneS 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

View PostMatthew Sear, on 07 January 2011 - 01:46 PM, said:

Hi Anne

It just says the song list has no playable songs? Is it working your end?

Matt

Hmm...it's a flash-based thing, but maybe I have to link you to a different starting point. Let me know if this works:

http://www.ilike.com...ist/Anne+Rachel

Thanks, Matt!
Gibson 2000 J-100XT
Gibson 1964 LG-1
Ibanez PN1 Parlor

#58 User is offline   Duende 

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

-

#59 User is offline   AnneS 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:32 PM

View PostMatthew Sear, on 07 January 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

I tried the new way you posted above and if I go to 'play all' the same thing comes up "Sorry, this playlist doesn't have any playable songs :-( " and if I go to the tracks individually, the little window comes up but there isn't an option to play. I went to the sites itunes link and it goes to itunes store but says "your search showed no results..."

In a relaxed cool way I started off clicking the link thinking "this will be good, i wonder what these are like" now I can't have them I am like "I REALLY WANT TO HEAR THOSE SONGS!!!' Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Matt

Drat! ](*,) Well, there's nothing actually at the itunes store (that's just filler, I guess), but the song links work on my end. As far as you know, are you generally able to open Flash-based applications? Some Mac devices don't support Flash, but I've heard others do.

And now I really want you to hear them, too! 8-[ Not sure what Plan B might be, besides monkeying with pics and trying youtube from there. Hmmm...
Gibson 2000 J-100XT
Gibson 1964 LG-1
Ibanez PN1 Parlor

#60 User is offline   Duende 

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

View PostAnneS, on 07 January 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

Drat! ](*,) Well, there's nothing actually at the itunes store (that's just filler, I guess), but the song links work on my end. As far as you know, are you generally able to open Flash-based applications? Some Mac devices don't support Flash, but I've heard others do.

And now I really want you to hear them, too! 8-[ Not sure what Plan B might be, besides monkeying with pics and trying youtube from there. Hmmm...

Anne, I have a cunning plan, send the mp3 to my email Posted Imagexxx

Share this topic:

• (52 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users